atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Yoda If you know your party's ext. - SL2100 - 07/24/19 04:41 PM
I need to change an existing DAT to include the option to accommodate the "If you know your party's extension, dial it now" instruction. I know it would be UTRF with XXX as wildcards for 3 digit extension numbers. If a caller dials extension 102, for example, what tells the system that 102 is an extension number, and not DAT choice 1? I don't want to say "... press 7 and your party's extension".

Thank you.
Jim
When dialing from the auto attn. UTRF, 102 is an extension. When directing incoming trunk calls using MB 22 set as normal, 102 is the code to direct the calls to the AA.
Posted By: Yoda Re: If you know your party's ext. - SL2100 - 07/24/19 06:45 PM
I didn't explain my question clearly, sorry.

Currently, the RMB and DAT is something like:
"For Bob, press 1" (goes to ext 104)
"For Mary, press 2" (goes to ext 105)
"For John, press 3" (goes to ext 102)

I need to add to the beginning of the RMB: "If you know your party's extension, dial it now." Then continue on with the options as mentioned above. I don't want to say "If you know your party's extension, press 7 and the extension number." 7 being the UTRF to XXX.

Thanks.
A digit cannot be used for two options. if your extensions are numbered in the 100's, then to dial the extension if you know it, must be UTRF XXX, where XXX is any digit, three digits in length. You cannot have 1 go to x102, and be used to dial any extension in the 100's range. If 7 is your number plan, then UTRF XXX is what you need in the dial action table.
Posted By: Yoda Re: If you know your party's ext. - SL2100 - 07/24/19 08:53 PM
If 7 is not used for anything else, could I set DAT choice 7 = UTRF with XXX. Then the RMB could say "if you know your party's extension, press 7 followed by the extension number." ???
Seriously? Why not shift everything down one and call it a day? Why would you use a leading digit as an option? I didn't even do this on systems that allowed for it because it always causes issues.
Posted By: Yoda Re: If you know your party's ext. - SL2100 - 07/24/19 11:27 PM
That's what I'm trying to keep away from if I can.

If I make digit 1 be UTRF XXX, then a caller pressing 102 for example, will go to ext 102? The first digit a caller presses (1) will choose DAT choice 1, which will count the 1 as part of the extension number?

That would make it much easier.
Yes. UTRF XXX will take your 102 and transfer to the extension. If you had extension in the 400 series then dial 4 XXX UTRF goes to 4XX extensions. An SL out of the box is configured for what you are trying to do.

Posted By: Yoda Re: If you know your party's ext. - SL2100 - 07/25/19 12:47 PM
Cool! My wife says I make things more difficult than they need to be. She's right.

I think I had a mental block on this one. Thanks for the help fellas.

Jim
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help