atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Yoda Headsets and Lifters - 08/21/19 05:06 PM
I've successfully connected a Plantronics wireless headset to a SV9100 with the appropriate EHS cable (APN-91) so the user can answer and hangup from the headset, without being at the telephone.

I also have some SL2100 and SL1100 customers with headsets and have mixed results. All using Plantronics, CS530 or CS540 models. For the EHS cable, I use the WHA-1 wireless headset adapter from NEC, as they recommend in the parts list. This adapter connects nicely on the back of the digital phones to a connector made just for this purpose. A single cord comes out of it and is plugged in to the 1/8" phono style plug on the headset base. There is also the 8p8c plug from the headset base to the phone's headset jack.

My most recent install is a CS540 on a digital SL2100 24 button set. It works fine for weeks, then suddenly won't answer a call or pick up a line when the earpiece button is pressed. Have to use the Headset key that is programmed on the phone. After this, it will work as expected for days or weeks, before acting up again.

The customer's online headset supplier has no idea what I'm talking about when I mention the WHA. All they have is the mechanical HL-10 lifter. The Plantronics info says the headset will work with any phone that supports an HL-10. NEC says the WHA will eliminate the need for the mechanical lifter.

What do you use for a lifter and headset combination for digital phones on the 1100 and 2100? There must be a way to get away from the mechanical lifter?

Thanks.
Jim
Posted By: dans Re: Headsets and Lifters - 08/22/19 12:13 PM
Jim,

Do you have just the 1 CS540 on a 24 button phone or multiple phones? If multiple are they all having the same issue? If just 1 rotate one of the other 24 button phones and see if the problem moves or stays.
Posted By: helpifican Re: Headsets and Lifters - 08/22/19 12:50 PM
We have found out that if the user occasionally uses the handset, the action of hanging up can jar the wireless adaptor loose resulting in a poor connection. Make sure it is fully seated and snapped in on both ends. Unplug the phone and re-seat the wireless adaptor. We also found that sometimes the 1/8" jack does not fully connect. We have used 1/8" m/f adaptors to get a better connection. A headset button is not required.
Posted By: Yoda Re: Headsets and Lifters - 08/22/19 01:41 PM
For the CS540 customer, there is just one headset on the system. I'll swap out a 24b phone and try that.

The adapter seemed to be seated in the connector ok, when I took it out the other day. And I'll take a look at the 1/8" plug to see how tight it is.

I was on the phone with their headset supplier trying to get them to send me a new headset and base, but they insist it's the adapter (that they've never heard of") causing the trouble. I've removed it for now, so the customer has lost the remote answer/hang-up feature. I'm ordering another WHA to install to prove if that is the culprit.

As far as my other 2100 customer that has some CS 530's, I went to look at their connections to see if everything is the same, and they told me they sometimes have similar trouble.

And this morning an old 1100 customer called wanting a headset for their system. Getting a little gun shy.

Finally, NTAC still gives a list of compatible headsets like the CS55, which is an older model. Ought to be able to use a current model with these systems, and it shouldn't be so difficult to make it work. I'll try your suggestions. Thanks.

Jim
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help