atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jc7001 NEC Aspire Voicemail issue - 11/14/19 07:05 PM
Hello,

I have reporting a weird issue w/ their voice mailbox on an Aspire system.

According to the site, they listen to their new voicemails, clear them, and delete them.

Later on in the day, or the next day, they receive the alert for new pending voicemail - but they're the previous messages they already deleted.

This just started to occur and it's becoming more consistent.

So far, we set date/time correct and rebooted system.

Has anyone seen anything like this before? Any other settings I could check?

Any help offered, would be a good start, as I'm not familiar w/ NEC.

Thanks,
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: NEC Aspire Voicemail issue - 11/14/19 07:15 PM
It's failing. One day it's going to stop...quite soon I would think. Consider being pro-active and replacing the system ASAP. Aspire is old and anything secondary market will be old as well. There is no support from NEC on the system as well. NEC's are great but every system has a life span.
Posted By: jc7001 Re: NEC Aspire Voicemail issue - 11/14/19 08:46 PM
Thanks for the reply Coral Tech!

Is voicemail for these systems usually integrated in the telephone card and not in a dedicated voicemail card? I checked via the web GUI and all I noticed were green telephone cards and trunk cards.

Is there anyway this could be caused by user-error such as retrieving messages from deleted messages, etc?

I understand what you're saying about the system being old and parts availability, etc. The obvious solution is to replace. I just want to make sure this is not caused by something simple... although it sounds like that's not the case.

Posted By: sundance Re: NEC Aspire Voicemail issue - 11/14/19 08:52 PM
Hello JC,

We at usedphones.com have all of the NEC Aspire systems, phones, cards and Voice Mails in stock, and we can sell you whatever part you need to fix the Aspire sytem!

You can email us or go to our website and place an order, usedphones.com or [email protected]

Thank you,

Mike Schmidt
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help