atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Sarasota67 IP Phone Not Showing under 15-01 - 01/24/20 07:39 PM
I've added an extension for an IP phone in 11-02 to a port that is beyond the physical ports we have in the system, which is an sv9100. When I go to 15-01, the extension is not showing. We have enough licenses and I've tried numerous other ports, but it will not show up in 15-01. Can anyone tell me why and what I need to do to get it to appear in WebPro? I was going to try selecting the extension in PCPro under Filter Options > IP phone list and uploading the data, but wasn't sure if that was going to work. Plus, I also wasn't sure what upload option to use and if it required a system reboot. Thank you.
Posted By: oobie Re: IP Phone Not Showing under 15-01 - 01/24/20 08:46 PM
Did you actually connect the phone and it come up and work?
Posted By: helpifican Re: IP Phone Not Showing under 15-01 - 01/24/20 09:12 PM
Check the extension number in filter IP phone options. There is no upload, after that it should appear in 15-01
Posted By: Sarasota67 Re: IP Phone Not Showing under 15-01 - 01/24/20 09:39 PM
I did connect the phone and it is programmed correctly (supposedly the port is programmed correctly too - I don't do that part but was emphatically told there is nothing wrong on that end), but it never came up working. It ends on DHCP server not found. For DHCP, I only have to enable it on the phone. I don't change any other settings. That is how all the other IP phones are programmed. In PCPro, it does appear in 15-01, but I need to upload this data for it to take effect, correct?
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: IP Phone Not Showing under 15-01 - 01/25/20 06:25 AM
If the phone cannot find the DHCP server you have something on your switch port or VLAN not correct. Simple way to test is plug it into a port where you know a phone is working.
Posted By: Sarasota67 Re: IP Phone Not Showing under 15-01 - 01/27/20 03:21 PM
Thank you. I will try the phone in a known working port this afternoon and report back with my results.
Posted By: Sarasota67 Re: IP Phone Not Showing under 15-01 - 01/29/20 05:30 PM
I plugged the phone in at another location and it worked, It was a port configuration issue.Took them twice to get it right, but eventually the phone began working, I appreciate the help from all!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help