atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Yoda Wireless phone on 9100 - 02/16/20 06:53 PM
Customer has SV9100 at Main site. POTS trunks and digital phones here.
At their Remote site, about 1/4 mile away, they have all IP phones. The IP phone and company LAN data travels on their own customer provided wireless connection, which has been working fine.

Now they want to add 2 or 3 wireless phones that key employees can carry with them throughout the plant.

Is the ML440 IP DECT phones and AP20 the way to go? They want full functionality of the desk phone, on their belt. If the employee's office desk phone gets a call, the wireless on their belt should also ring.

Is the AP20 a proprietary access point? Or can we use the company wireless LAN?

And just to make it interesting, they have several MLC client licenses with the app on their cell phones, but they won't use it! So, maybe a separate phone will make them think they have something useful. ???

Any experiences or suggestions? Thank you.
Jim
Posted By: mreilly Re: Wireless phone on 9100 - 02/18/20 05:45 PM
AP20 is proprietary for ML440 only. depending on size of site and signal strength you may have to use more than one antenna to roam the facility. I will have to check I cant remember if they are stilling selling the AP20 and ML440
Posted By: Yoda Re: Wireless phone on 9100 - 02/19/20 03:36 PM
Thanks mreilly.
Ideally, it would be nice to use their existing wireless LAN. They are adding more access points, so the coverage will be good. I hate to under-build that network with my own AP20's or whatever.

At a minimum, if we could get one phone on a rolling cart . . . They're talking about putting a pc, printer and UPS on a cart. Why couldn't I add an IP desk phone and an access point for their LAN. Will just have to keep the UPS properly sized.

Jim
Posted By: helpifican Re: Wireless phone on 9100 - 02/19/20 07:57 PM
The ML-440/AP20 has been discontinued. Replaced by the more expensive AP400 and various phones. MFR discontinued May 2, 2019, Last day to purchase Sept. 30, 2019. Last day of support, Sept 30, 2020
Posted By: Yoda Re: Wireless phone on 9100 - 02/19/20 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by Yoda
. . . Why couldn't I add an IP desk phone and an access point for their LAN. . . .
Jim

That didn't come out right. An IP desk phone to some sort of wireless switch that will connect wirelessly to the LAN access point.
Posted By: 1grumpy Re: Wireless phone on 9100 - 03/05/20 03:37 PM
We had something similar and used the WP820-Z WiFi Cordless phone and the customer's network and their existing Meraki WAPS. They had a standard desk phone on their desk and when they needed to go mobile, they used the WP820 and as long as the had AP connection it worked fine. Hand off from AP to AP didn't seem to have any issues.
Posted By: dans Re: Wireless phone on 9100 - 03/06/20 04:58 PM
We just sold a AP20 with 2 ML-440 handsets along with a NEC 24 button VoIP desk phone. They are using this setup at their remote site over a VPN connecting to a SV9100. The desk phone has no issues, the ML-440 are dropping calls to the point they are almost none usable. I got a feeling this ones going to be a hair puller.
Posted By: helpifican Re: Wireless phone on 9100 - 03/06/20 08:01 PM
Put a ML440 phone into the site survey mode.
Set up a call, go into the survey mode (menu + 7378423). Walk around and look at the DB levels.
DB level which should be 70 or lower and the FEPP (frame loss/packet loss) should be under 4.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help