atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Numnum67 Inmail Dial Action Tables - 04/22/20 02:09 AM
I just just replaced an old Nec 2400 with a fairly large SV9100 with Inmail.
The customers uses several different extension ranges 3000s 4000s 5000s 6000s 8000s

The Inmail has several trees using Dial Action tables for one key dialing. Each tree uses at least 6-8 keys for navigating to different departments.

My question is, what is your best workaround if someone wants to dial an extensions directly?
Considering that keys 3, 4, 6. And 8 are used.

What i did was use routing box 1 (with Dial action table 1) set up most of the keys for unsupervised transfer XXXX Saying" thank you for calling, if you know your parties extension please dial it now" Then a short pause, then it says" otherwise, choose from one of the following" Then on timeout it goes to another routing box and starts the one key dialing for departments.. and a total of 8 routing boxes 8 dial action tables.

So basically the caller can dial a extension directly only if they're in that first short box.
Is there a better way?

I like that the Elitemail and repartee had the 1 second delay feature to accommodate this.

Also, I sure wish there was a name field in the routing boxes and dial action tables to keep track of whats what.
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: Inmail Dial Action Tables - 04/22/20 02:38 AM
You could do what they do in hospitality. Dial x plus the 4 digit extension. ie 1+3100 rings 3100. Now you only use a single digit in your tree for extensions.

Carl
Posted By: Numnum67 Re: Inmail Dial Action Tables - 04/22/20 02:46 AM
Does that mean you make a key unscreened transfer and XXXXX?
Posted By: dans Re: Inmail Dial Action Tables - 04/22/20 11:45 AM
When you are looking at the dial action table settings you see dial digit, action, destination and dialed transfer. If I remember right the dial transfer setting allows time for the caller to dial extensions and or 1 digit dialing.

Coral tech will jump in and confirm or correct me, he's the wiz.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: Inmail Dial Action Tables - 04/22/20 01:16 PM
LOL thanks dans. When I see numbering plans like this all I think is that a person that doesn't program large PBX systems did this. Unless you redo the numbering plan the INMAIL doesn't do a lot for you on this. The Active Voice system does this because I have run into this but even then it's a HUGE nono and causes many issues doing dial timeouts. What Carl suggested might be the best "cleanest" way for you to do this. Change your dial 1 UTRF to IXXXX this ignores the first dial digit and then dials the XXXX.
Posted By: Numnum67 Re: Inmail Dial Action Tables - 04/22/20 08:39 PM
Great suggestion Carl!
I just implemented it and works like a charm. I just have to re-record the opening message to reflect that.

Corral, ain't no way i was touching the existing numbering plan, it's 2 large schools under 1 phone system. Thats why so many different ranges.2 sets of classrooms, 2 sets of admin phones, and so on. It took forever to get them to upgrade. But with school out for everyone, it was a perfect time to install this beast.
Just curious, what does the "I" do in dial action tables? As in IXXXX.

Thank you for the help!
Posted By: Numnum67 Re: Inmail Dial Action Tables - 04/22/20 08:50 PM
Dans, i just tried your suggestion, but if i have a digit set for goto, it just goes directly to the routing box ihave programmed there.. and no opportunity to dial an extension even if i change the dial destination options.

Thank you though
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: Inmail Dial Action Tables - 04/23/20 12:01 PM
Originally Posted by Numnum67
Great suggestion Carl!
I just implemented it and works like a charm. I just have to re-record the opening message to reflect that.

Corral, ain't no way i was touching the existing numbering plan, it's 2 large schools under 1 phone system. Thats why so many different ranges.2 sets of classrooms, 2 sets of admin phones, and so on. It took forever to get them to upgrade. But with school out for everyone, it was a perfect time to install this beast.
Just curious, what does the "I" do in dial action tables? As in IXXXX.

Thank you for the help!

I= ignore. So if you dial 18000 it becomes 8000.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help