atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Yoda Remote IP phone on SL2100 - 12/09/20 12:46 AM
Another remote phone trouble call :-(

Customer has one IP phone they occasionally take home. It has been a couple months since they did this, and it connected fine to the 2100 in the office. Today the office manager took the IP phone home and got the dreaded "No SIP Server Found" message.

I went thru all the settings with her over the phone. The public IP at the office is still the same (they have a static and we checked it with whatismyip.com). Waiting now on their IT support people to check on things. She can remote into the office lan ok with her pc.

Jim
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: Remote IP phone on SL2100 - 12/09/20 02:33 AM
Router needs to have SIP ALG turned off.
Posted By: dans Re: Remote IP phone on SL2100 - 12/09/20 07:25 PM
Addition to what Coral Tech said, is this the same person who took this phone home before? If not, what are the self WAN settings?
Posted By: Yoda Re: Remote IP phone on SL2100 - 12/09/20 10:04 PM
Yes, this person has taken the phone before. Not at my desk now, but I think the self ip was blank or zeros as usual, when I went thru it with her yesterday. I connected to to her pc this morning and got access to her local router. Sip ALG was off. Still waiting on IT to check their stuff.
Posted By: Yoda Re: Remote IP phone on SL2100 - 12/13/20 03:45 PM
IT says their stuff is ok. No Changes.
I have the phone on my desk now. It has worked from my location before, many months ago while initially getting it to work. But I'm getting the same 'no sip server found' message. Double checked all settings and don't see anything wrong.

I can ping the public ip where the 2100 is located. My VPN connection to the system works for programming access.
Arghhhhhhhhhhh!

I suppose I will take the phone on-site Monday and make sure it works there. Then bring it back here and contact IT again. Probably sounds like Wireshark time?
Posted By: dans Re: Remote IP phone on SL2100 - 12/14/20 01:22 PM
I'm not a betting man but I would put the odds it's a port issue at the SL2100 side.
Posted By: Iwatsu Guru Re: Remote IP phone on SL2100 - 12/16/20 03:28 PM
I have had this problem before and a system reset resolved the problem.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: Remote IP phone on SL2100 - 12/16/20 06:23 PM
Are you using NAT or VPN?
Posted By: Yoda Re: Remote IP phone on SL2100 - 12/16/20 08:12 PM
Problem resolved.

Yes, using NAT.

I took the phone to their office and plugged into the LAN. Same error. I rebooted the 2100. Still no good. I started checking settings in the phone again, and tried a couple changes along the way. Local to Remote, private IP and public IP in WAN mate field. Finally it came up. Don't know if it was the reboot or wrong address in the wrong place, or a combination.

I took the phone back to my place and it came up fine without changing a thing. I thought I would have to at least change the WAN mate IP and Local to Remote, but I didn't. While in the office on the LAN, I had the public address in it, and Access Mode to Remote. Works in and out of the office.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Jim
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help