atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: teldata1 NEC SL1100 From Australia - 02/21/21 12:31 PM
I bought a used NEC SL1100 phones system form a company with a similar name a while back because I wanted to have a spare system on hand for an emergency situation

The price was right although it took a long time to receive it it did finally showed up I think this was back in 2013

when I plugged it in I notice that the language for the voice mail was not US but Australia I saw in programming that I could change it back to English and that was pretty much it

I never used it until yesterday and tried to change all the langue to US English

everything seemed fine until I started to make calls in on it and when the call came in it would ring once and then stop ringing acting very weird I basically had to abort the install and get another system in there

I am just wondering if there is something different about the Hardware of programming that can be changed or corrected

Thanks

JD
Posted By: MnDave Re: NEC SL1100 From Australia - 02/22/21 06:00 PM
I presume that you reinitialized the database to factory default?
Posted By: teldata1 Re: NEC SL1100 From Australia - 02/23/21 11:25 AM
Correct. I don't think that I can use this system in the US I was thinking if I upgraded software but it does not allow me to connect to PC PRO and when I do initialize it goes back to the original state so that's not good

Lesson Learned
Posted By: helpifican Re: NEC SL1100 From Australia - 02/23/21 12:25 PM
There is a procedure on the SL1100 to upgrade software using a CF. Before throwing it out, try this; Copy the software on to a CF. Shut down the system. Plug the CF in where the inmail chip would go. Press and hold the red load button, then power up, WAIT ~ 10 sec then release the load button. See if it takes the upgrade.
Posted By: teldata1 Re: NEC SL1100 From Australia - 02/28/21 09:26 PM
I will give this a try thanks!
Posted By: teldata1 Re: NEC SL1100 From Australia - 03/06/21 08:56 PM
Didn't Work
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help