atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: teldata1 SV 8100 9.50 - 03/27/21 12:36 PM
I have an interesting situation I recently visited a new account residential customer with about 30 or 40 phones installed (1) CO Line
Whoever programmed it prior seem to have a unique set up for a certain reason not exactly sure why

When I lift the handset of any phone I do not hear any internal or external dial tone and nothing lights up on phone all phones are 24 button with 8 button sidecar

I just hear some white noise in the background and that’s only if you turn the volume up originally I didn’t think I heard anything

However the phone seem to work fine you can press a hotline key or dial an extension

I was just trying to figure out what program that was in
I think it was may be in the 80-xx-xx
I may be the volume is just turn down if that’s possible

It’s not really a problem I think it’s probably a good idea in a way so if somebody accidentally lifts the handset off the phone it doesn’t light up on anybody’s extension

Also there is a very strange problem where what used to be line 3 intermittently throughout the day that button will ring even though there’s no dial tone on it
I just deleted everything that has to do with line 3 to see what happens because there is no line 3 anymore

They currently only have one line on the phone where they used to be several

Somebody recently purchased the house I don’t believe they even moved in yet

Just wondering if anybody has seen anything like this

Thanks

JD
Posted By: paulw Re: SV 8100 9.50 - 05/03/21 03:37 AM
Not sure if you've found a solution but have a look in PRG 15.07 and see what type of DSS has been configured. Normal is type 01 is normal which will light up when the phone is lifted but sometimes people use a *03 type DSS which doesn't always light up but is used if they want the DSS to ring. .
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help