atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: gtmiller76 NEC 28i analog station issue - 03/14/22 03:46 PM
I'm experimenting with an NEC (Nitsuko) 28i system with two analog station cards (4ASTU) installed. I can dial out from an analog line, but when I call into the analog line I get a system reorder. I think I'm missing a setting in the programming, but I can't seem to find anything. Does anyone know how to enable calling to these analog lines?

Thanks!
Posted By: dans Re: NEC 28i analog station issue - 03/14/22 05:06 PM
Sounds like there is no extension number assign to the analog port, look in the numbering plan, sorry I don't remember what program number.
Posted By: gtmiller76 Re: NEC 28i analog station issue - 03/15/22 03:20 AM
Actually, there is. The system assigns numbers to the analog ports automatically. I have one digital phone connected as extension 301, and an analog phone connected to extension 309. When I call x301 from x309, it rings the digital phone and displays the calling extension number of 309. However, when I call x309 from x301, I get a system reorder.

It seems really strange to me that I would have to enable calling to an analog extension port, but calling from an analog port is enabled by default. I just can't figure out how to do that?
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: NEC 28i analog station issue - 03/15/22 11:35 AM
I would check your numbering plan. Make sure that is indeed 309. Question did you do a first init on that system to make sure all the card type and port lined up to the cards you have?
Posted By: gtmiller76 Re: NEC 28i analog station issue - 03/16/22 01:46 AM
I'm pretty green to this system. How do I check the numbering plan?

I installed two 4ASTU cards (the system can handle two) and I did a cold boot when I powered it on so it initialized all of the settings. I also made sure to install them in slots where they are supposed to go from the hardware manual. The system seems to set everything up fine:

Extensions / Description
301-308 / digital extensions (I have one digital phone connected to x301)
309-312 / analog extensions on 4ASTU card #1
313-316 / reserved by 4ATSU card #1
317-320 / analog extensions on 4ASTU card #2
321-324 / reserved by 4ATSU card #2

I have verified that all of the analog extensions are mapped correctly by calling the digital phone at x301 and looking at the screen to figure out the analog extension.
Posted By: gtmiller76 Re: NEC 28i analog station issue - 03/16/22 03:56 AM
I figured it out:

It seems that the 28i does not automatically setup the extensions properly. (At least not after a cold boot.) I had to run program 0004 to have the system automatically setup the extension circuit types. Alternately, one could run program 0005 to manually setup the extensions...

Thanks for the help, everyone. There is a lot this little system can do. I'm impressed!
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help