atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: joeb SL2100 6CO Dropping Calls - 05/06/22 03:43 PM
Head scratcher....

Customer purchased a prepackaged SL2100 online. I got the call to install the unit. They have 5 CO lines from Spectrum/Charter. During install, did the CO line calibration. All has been working well over the past 6 months. All of the sudden they are experiencing random dropped calls across all of the lines. No perfect pattern yet, but seems to happen on incoming calls more than outgoing calls. Lines test fine from Spectrums end. Reset the Spectrum MTAs (pull power and battery for 5 minutes). Restarted the SL2100. Did another CO line calibration and seemed to help the next morning, but the issue came back that afternoon....

Any other thoughts? Hardware issue ...on multiple CO cards?? Ordering replacement CO cards but kinda at a loss...

JB
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: SL2100 6CO Dropping Calls - 05/06/22 04:13 PM
Why would you think this is an SL2100 issue? I would look at the Spectrum box more than the 2100.
Posted By: Ken B Re: SL2100 6CO Dropping Calls - 05/07/22 08:30 PM
I had this same problem with Spectrum - was able to reproduce the issue after making 50-100 test calls on my butt set connected directly to Spectrum's modem - issue turned out to be bad signal on the coax - Spectrum couldn't tell until they sent a tech out to test the signal on-site.
Posted By: joeb Re: SL2100 6CO Dropping Calls - 05/12/22 08:52 PM
Thanks guys...

At first, couldn't replicate the issue. When arriving onsite when the issue 'just happened', plugging directly into the MTA wouldn't result in dropped calls. It would of course start happening right after I left. Spectrum didn't see any issues on the line.

Finally had it happen while onsite while on my butt set. Got Spectrum to send a tech out ... and they couldn't find anything (logs look normal, etc., etc., etc.).

Fun.

- J
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: SL2100 6CO Dropping Calls - 05/12/22 09:59 PM
I would make sure the box isn't sending MWI on a trunk or has call waiting.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help