atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: andyphones sl2100 no audio ip phones - 06/08/22 06:12 PM
Hi, have a customer with a 2100 with a dedicated network for ip phones. Phones are registered and appear to be working but there is no audio on outside calls or when accessing voicemail. This is a sudden issue. System does not have voipdb, and has 1.50 software. Also, low battery alert is showing, but I am not looking forward to changing it. Don't know why they didn't design it so it could be changed without shutting down. Thanks all. (IP phones are the self- labelers)(phones can call each other and have audio between them)
Posted By: Toner Re: sl2100 no audio ip phones - 06/08/22 10:00 PM
Boy, if it was an IP Office I'd say you have a dead VCM card for sure. Not sure if there's an equivalent on NEC...
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: sl2100 no audio ip phones - 06/09/22 12:04 AM
Well, back up the system and replace the battery. Also up date that software level..wow. Otherwise, check the network. No voice either you lost some programming or have an IP conflict on your VOIP IP address. Even the main processor handles 8 ports of VOIP I think.
Posted By: R4+Z Re: sl2100 no audio ip phones - 06/15/22 11:27 AM
Changing the battery is a non event. Back the system up, power down, remove the CPU, change the battery (CR2032) put the CPU back and power back on. I have never had to restore from back up as the system seems to be able to hold it's memory for the short time it takes to replace the battery, I take the back up just in case I get a 1st !

As for the no speech, I would be asking what changed in your network? Try doing a wireshark trace.
Posted By: Vermont Joe Re: sl2100 no audio ip phones - 06/23/22 03:52 PM
As I understand it, the battery only backs up the time and date and Last # redial--- one other non essential thing.
Posted By: Rickman Re: sl2100 no audio ip phones - 07/11/22 06:41 PM
I would check 82-26 dsp resources.
Posted By: Rickman Re: sl2100 no audio ip phones - 07/12/22 04:39 PM
sorry 84-26.
Posted By: R4+Z Re: sl2100 no audio ip phones - 07/20/22 01:49 PM
@Rickman possibly correct but as it has happened as a sudden issue I would be checking if the IP addresses for the system (84-26 included) are reserved for the system in whatever is handling DHCP as a sudden issue could be that the DHCP has given the address in 84-26 to something else!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help