atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Barrontel Sl2100 echo on cable modem Trunks - 11/05/22 12:58 AM
Hi all,

Going out to a customer site tomorrow to check echo on Trunks, they're getting dial tone from cable provider.

Questions
1- does Trunk calibration work on cable dial tone?
2- can I do trunk calibration using the 900 series ip phones or does it have to be a digital set? (All phones are ip)
3-are they any recommended settings that I can set manually in programming?

I put this system in back in the spring and this is the 1st time I'm hearing about the problem but they say the issue has been happening since day 1 BUT not on all calls, when I called a couple of times they say it sounds fine but some people they can't hear at all.

99.9% of the time I have to deal with this it's always the provider but it takes forever to prove.

Thanks in advance
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: Sl2100 echo on cable modem Trunks - 11/05/22 01:45 AM
Run the trunk calibration. Then worry.
Posted By: Barrontel Re: Sl2100 echo on cable modem Trunks - 11/05/22 01:55 AM
Gotcha

Thanks for the quick reply

Can I do the trunk calibration programming with an IP phone or is there some weird Murphys law reason why i can't?

Thanks again

Mark
Posted By: Barrontel Re: Sl2100 echo on cable modem Trunks - 11/05/22 05:11 PM
I'm at the site now and I was able to do the calibration the first time on trunk 1, it went through the procedure and ask me if I wanted to copy & I pressed 1 for yes and did a system reset, I went back in to try again and all I keep getting is an Error when I try the calibration.

I'm getting loud side tone, I can hear myself talk during a call, I tested directly off the LEC and it sounds fine, I replaced LEC dialtone with my dialtone simulator & also looping in an analog station port with no change.

The customer has all DT 900 series IP phones and I'm currently trying to find out if and where I can manually adjust the side tone on the phones.

Any suggestions would be appreciated on this Saturday afternoon
Posted By: dans Re: Sl2100 echo on cable modem Trunks - 11/05/22 06:22 PM
Can I do the trunk calibration programming with an IP phone? Yes IP or TDM phone will do the job.
Do not copy when calibrating, I know the choices is given but don't!
Posted By: Barrontel Re: Sl2100 echo on cable modem Trunks - 11/05/22 07:03 PM
Thanks for the reply

Now like I mentioned above, it won't allow me to do the calibration again at Adjust start when I enter the trunk it goes Measurement 1/7 & then Error, I've reset the system a couple times with the same results
Posted By: Barrontel Re: Sl2100 echo on cable modem Trunks - 11/05/22 09:45 PM
Correction : the dial tone is copper, at least coming up to the DMARC since I couldn't do the trunk calibration I set the transmit & receive in Basic trunk setup from 32 to 22, I also put a ticket into NEC for Monday, the side tone was gone when I tested the trunks, I'll find out Monday when the Dr's office opens
Posted By: jsaad Re: Sl2100 echo on cable modem Trunks - 11/08/22 03:05 PM
I would most definitely test with a digital phone and do the calibration on a digital phone. It may be your IP phone / network causing trouble?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help