atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Rogue Lozer NEC UC Suite Trouble - 01/04/23 02:48 PM
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with an issue we have been having with our NEC UC Suite (Version 7.5.1.0). We have our main network (10.0.100.0 for our data server) and a secondary network (10.10.10.0 for the phone system including a PBX system). We are using a WatchGuard firewall on our main network. So far, our phone technician has been able to setup the phones themselves as well as get the NEC UC Suite to connect from our main network to the secondary network. The problem is that the Suite (from a computer on main network) is not showing us all the tools and extensions that are available. If we connect said computer to the secondary network, then we can see everything properly. We initially thought that there were ports being blocked that was interfering with the program, but all ports needed are allowed. I know very little about the phone system itself other than what has been shown to me by our phone technician. I have attached a pdf of the Suite as it looks on both networks. I would gladly appreciate any ideas and help. If any more information is needed, I will be glad to get the answers. Thank you for your time.

Attached File
NEC system.pdf  (61 downloads)
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: NEC UC Suite Trouble - 01/04/23 08:14 PM
I would make sure on the NEC 10-58 that the network scope are setup to show what are internal IP addresses. IE. 10.0.0.0/24 etc
Posted By: iatech3800 Re: NEC UC Suite Trouble - 01/06/23 03:17 PM
Can the desktop pc see the UC Server? It looks like the Desktop software is only connecting to the SV9100 and not the UC Server and that's why you're not seeing any BLF indications.

I just tested this theory in my office. I disconnected the ethernet cable from my UC Server and then restarted my Desktop software. Same result as you.

What happens when you use the Web UC Login vs Desktop software?
Posted By: Rogue Lozer Re: NEC UC Suite Trouble - 01/10/23 05:08 PM
I don't know about a Web UC login as I have only been shown the desktop software. I have passed all the information on to my phone tech. He will be by today and hopefully we can get this sorted out.
I will add any new information after testing out a few things. Thanks for the reply.
Posted By: Rogue Lozer Re: NEC UC Suite Trouble - 01/10/23 05:12 PM
Thank you for the reply. As soon as the phone tech gets here, we will go ahead and look around at that. Thank you.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: NEC UC Suite Trouble - 01/10/23 05:22 PM
You need to understand if you are using the software there are a LOT of ports that will be needed. Your NEC tech should be able to get these for you but honestly you should just open it up to see if that fixes the problem then get to the particulars.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help