atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: teldata1 NEC Aspire - 02/13/23 11:10 PM
I have a customer where we were thinking that there might be something wrong with their CPU (NIC) port

So we ordered a new CPU 7.88

Their current CPU is 7.0

This is a two cabinet system

I backed up a CPU and I am loaded it into my demo system so I could eliminate downtime

However when I plugged in the new CPU some of the extensions are not correct especially the one in the phone room that I’m staring at

I also only see one cabinet where I could see two cabinets on the original CPU

Very strange never seen anything like it

Just wondering if I am doing something wrong as far as loading the system into my demo system prior to installing it into the current system
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: NEC Aspire - 02/13/23 11:42 PM
Look at your system card layout in PCPro. The original.

You need to initialize the cards in port order for the database to match up.
Posted By: nortelvoip Re: NEC Aspire - 02/14/23 03:24 AM
Also, did you check to make sure it has the same version of the pal chip on the CPU? (IE: PALA UPG or PALB)
Posted By: teldata1 Re: NEC Aspire - 02/14/23 11:50 AM
CPU B
Posted By: teldata1 Re: NEC Aspire - 02/14/23 12:54 PM
So I just took a look at my back up in PC pro

This site is a little strange because when we first installed it and then we realized it wasn’t big enough to support their needs so we ended up installing a second aspire multi cabinet right next to it tied in together with VoIP ports

There’s a Lot of unused slots on the system That showed that there’s station cards installed but they’re not so I wonder if I delete those in used slots and then do the back up if it would make a difference

Thoughts?
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: NEC Aspire - 02/14/23 01:41 PM
Just look at your original cabinet layout on card layout in pcpro. It will give ports on the cards. Remember, on the NEC the program overlays the port layout. You need to install the cards and get the port order the same as the program and all will be well. You really don't need to upload to a demo system and in fact it probably boned you. Pull all the cards save the first digital station card next to processor (you have to have this on Aspire), load the original database and look at the card config and start inserting the cards to make them come up in the proper order. This is literally what you have to do as I have done hundreds of these in the past. If you can't figure this out or understand it you might need to get a tech in.

PALB should be a max system.
Posted By: teldata1 Re: NEC Aspire - 02/14/23 06:09 PM
I am a tech

This was a really weird install back in the day

It started out as a single cabinet just for Office (Admin)then they added the second cabinet because they wanted to include patient rooms (not all at once)

During the process we realize we didn’t have enough ports to fit everybody in there

So then we realize we had to have a separate phone system for just patient rooms

And tie the two systems together with a voip cards

The station ports do not go in numerical order they are all over the place

But when you mention the port layout I can see in PC pro there’s a bunch of cards that are PC pro but not in the system we took them out and put them in the other phone system

They were all analog station cards

It’s a little bit of a freak show but it’s been working ,lately they’ve been complaining about calls going to the patient rooms so obviously it has something to do with connectivity between the two systems.

There’s a Comcast PRI in each phone system when a DID call comes in for a patient room it goes into the first channel on admin PRI and then across the VoIP to the extension

I don’t necessarily think it’s the CPU I thought they might be a problem with the NIC card on the CPU

It’s probably the void cards

I’m actually trying to see if I can get Comcast to send the patient room DIDs to the second PRI

We are going to be replacing the phone system pretty soon they haven’t decided which direction they’re going in though
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: NEC Aspire - 02/14/23 06:14 PM
Pretty sure that used to be Aspirenet?
Posted By: iatech3800 Re: NEC Aspire - 02/17/23 09:02 PM
It still comes down to installing the cards like the database has them. Just as CT said.
If you have to, install dummy cards just to take up the ports and then remove them once the database is uploaded.
Posted By: teldata1 Re: NEC Aspire - 02/25/23 04:39 PM
So I’m still trying to resolve this issue with 2 systems loosing communications between VoIP

The only way that seems to resolve it is rebooting the patient phone system

(2) Aspire M using Aspire Net

Problem has been going on for approximately 1 month

I have swapped out the (2) 4 port VoIP cards with (2) 16 port VoIP cards

I wanted swap out CPUs but that has turned out to be problematic

I was thinking could there be something going on with the network

I have (5) ip addresses involved

2 CPU
2 VoIP
1 voicemail

They know they have to replace the phone system but I’m still just curious
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: NEC Aspire - 02/26/23 03:25 PM
You need to wireshark it. Bet you anything you are getting DOS attacks or a conflicting IP address. Something changed. If Cisco make sure CDP (Cisco Discovery Protocol) is off.
Posted By: teldata1 Re: NEC Aspire - 03/05/23 06:35 PM
Still trying to figure out why this is happening

IT company doesn’t see any IP conflicts

All residents DID calls come into System A then go to System B

At some point the calls get hosed up and will get answered by AA which should never happen

The only way to correct it is to reset System B (Residents)

I forgot to mention the fact that the call get picked up by AA when not working correctly

The residents do not use the voicemail system

I will have to go back out and look at the port activity on IntraMail
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: NEC Aspire - 03/07/23 04:34 PM
I have no idea what you are trying to trouble shoot. The AA is picking up because of system programming somewhere that dumps it there. Depending on the IT company is not the best way to go at this. You need to be wiresharking this when this fails. Resetting the system fixes it but what is causing it. You need to be looking at the traffic on System B. I've seen this a thousand times where a rogue device is causing a DOS attack on that ethernet port cause the buffer to fill up and cause it to stop working. The IT company cannot see this. This is clearly a networking issue of some type.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help