atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: CMDL_GUY network printer delete - 03/31/04 05:09 PM
I have a Dell Latitude notebook running Win98SE. This PC was on a network using a network printer. I want to install a local printer on LPT1 but it is set to a network.
In device manager LPT1 shows printer port only. Under printer/properties/details LPT1 shows a network path with it. How do I get rid of the network path so I can print locally. I can't delete it because there is a printer attached. If I remove the printer I can't get to printer/properties/details.
Posted By: Bigkayeh Re: network printer delete - 03/31/04 08:34 PM
Is there a dropdown menu arrow in the printer/properties/details bar by the network address, if so you should be able tochoose LPT1 from the menu, if this is not the issue it could be that the port is just captured. Hit the end capture to disassociate this from the network port. if this does not work you could go into the bios settings on the note book and change the printer port setting to epp or ecp to force windows to reload the printer port. Hope this helps

Kerry
Posted By: jwooten Re: network printer delete - 03/31/04 08:45 PM
Plug in your printer and let windows find it. Load the drivers and make it your default. Your network printer will always be available to select.
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: network printer delete - 03/31/04 09:25 PM
Thanks Guys
End capture was the problem!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help