atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Mark K. ISDN for internet access - 05/02/05 11:57 AM
Verizon has installed an ISDN for one of my clients but did not provide an IP address or POP mail access. Isn't that something they should provide? Or does my client need another provider for access? They need something so they can set up the ISDN modem.
Any insight would be welcome. Thank You
Mark
Posted By: bradleyland Re: ISDN for internet access - 05/02/05 01:46 PM
Check with Verizon on that one. ISDN can be divided up a number of ways. You can get 256k internet service with two channels for voice, or you can dedicate the entire thing to data. How you set it up is determined by the client's needs. Give Verizon a ring. ISDN is usually handled by a department other than the normal dial-up and DSL idiots since it's generally a business data solution. They'll know how to direct you.
Posted By: Mark K. Re: ISDN for internet access - 05/02/05 01:51 PM
Thanks.
mark
Posted By: OhioTelecom Re: ISDN for internet access - 05/02/05 02:16 PM
Basic BRI includes two 64 Kbps bearer (B) channels, one 16 Kbps data (D) channel. so the max you would be able to go is 128k
Posted By: Milestone Re: ISDN for internet access - 05/02/05 02:43 PM
I would also wonder why ISDN not the fastest or the cheapest if they intend to keep the circuit live all day.

------------------
One stop Voice and Data Solutions VoIP
Posted By: Mark K. Re: ISDN for internet access - 05/02/05 03:09 PM
Because, believe it or not, niether DSL or Cable are available in this corporate park.
Mark
Posted By: jwooten Re: ISDN for internet access - 05/02/05 04:45 PM
I have had ISDN installed for several customers who can not get broadband. For internet, find a provider who supports 2 channel. Many only support single channel. The ISP will provide you all the info you're looking for.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: ISDN for internet access - 05/02/05 05:53 PM
Zyxell used to make a good ISDN router BTW for BRI (S and U interface)
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help