atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Dane resetting network connection on Vista - 07/31/07 01:01 PM
A guy I do some work for does some WIFIs at some smaller properties but he is a plodder and not what I would call computer savvy (though is one of those guys who thinks he is). he said he was having problems walking someone with Vista in a hotel getting a new connection set up - said he couldn't find it anywhere (control panel, start menu, etc.) like there is in XP. I have not worked with Vista yet so could someone enlighten me as to how you get to a new network connection (ie "display available networks" for Wireless)

Thanks
Posted By: Clinton Re: resetting network connection on Vista - 07/31/07 02:43 PM
Right click on the network icon in the systray, and select "Connect to a Network" or select "Network and Sharing Center" to see all current connections.

You can also hit the Windows logo or Windows key on the keyboard, start typing "Network" and select "Network and Sharing Center" from the list.

If he's going to be stepping people through any amount of troubleshooting though, he's going to need to get up to speed with Vista.
Posted By: Dane Re: resetting network connection on Vista - 07/31/07 05:25 PM
Thanks
Posted By: Z-man Re: resetting network connection on Vista - 08/01/07 11:13 PM
Vista is about the easiest OS to connect wirelessly. Hit the windows icon, on the right side of the pop up window is a "Connect To"....if it sees the network it will be visible there...follow the steps, its pretty easy.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help