atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Silversam My Ipod died. Any replacement suggestions? - 09/24/07 05:52 PM
My HP 20GB Ipod has rolled over and stuck it's feet up in the air. I think the HD is gone. Just about 3 years old.

Before I go buy a new one, does anyone have any suggestions for a replacement? Any other manufacturers better? Worse?

Anybody have any experience with these gadgets?

TIA

Sam
Posted By: Kumba Re: My Ipod died. Any replacement suggestions? - 09/24/07 05:58 PM
I liked the creative labs mp3 player... when you plug it into windows it looks like a regular hard-drive instead of having to use apple's insane iTunes program... plus I think it comes with a program to catalog the stuff if you want.
I also have a Creative, the Zen Vision M. It's a nice player. Has an FM tuner, voice recorder, plays movies, stores pictures, etc.
Thanks guys -

I'll go look at the Creative models.

Sam
Archos is another manufacturer worth looking into. I had one and when it went belly-up the company sent me a free replacement.
I was thinking about a Pocket Dish Player. (I've got Dish Network as my Sattelite TV provider). According to the website they would hold audio, video and pictures and provide easy download from the sattelite receiver. It seemed like a no brainer.

Unfortunately I think they are now Manufacturer Disco'd. No idea why. The guy I spoke to in Tech support says they were made by Archos and he never had a problem with them.

I'll look at Archos too.

Sam
Posted By: Z-man Re: My Ipod died. Any replacement suggestions? - 09/26/07 11:18 PM
3 years is pretty good. I have had good luck with Apple. I am buying one of the new iPods for my daughter for Christmas. I have found that I don't need 30 or 40gigs. the 8 gb flash memory ones are fine, and they run longer. I just sync playlists. When I want to change, I sync some different lists.
I had 11 gig on the 20. I've been looking this week and haven't had much luck. All Radio Shack and Staples have been showing is the 1 & 2 GB models - and the Microsoft Zune (?).

I thought I would keep away from a MS product unless I hear glowing reports.

I never really know what I'm going to feel like listening to, so I'd prefer the larger unit.

We're off to my niece's wedding in Colorado this weekend. I had hoped to have music for the trip, but it doesn't look like it's going to be.

Sam
I have had no trouble with my ipod, I have the 20 gig, it is one of the early models but still works great. I also have one of the real small shuffle's that works great for the gym.

I am waiting for mine to die do I can grab the itouch
I really want to get the iPod Touch (not the itouch :p ) but the SanDisk Sansa e250 is VERY nice too! It also mounts with any easy-to-use media software, or as a jump drive laugh
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help