atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Z-man Windows 7 Ultimate..... this is a long shot.. - 03/07/10 02:21 PM
After scouring the microsoft web pages and the internet, I can't seem to find anywhere I can download Windows 7 Ultimate trial version, or a replacement version for a damaged disk, which is what I have. My disk wont read because somehow I managed to scratch it???? Anyway, I have a valid key, just don't have a valid disk anymore. Anyone know where I might be able to download the ISO? or if you have one, would you be willing to make an ISO for me?

thanks

Z
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/cc442495.aspx

You may be able to find it one of the offshore Torrent sites.
Even if you obtained a copy you cannot register it. The trial program has ended and all trial licenses have expired.
I have a regular license, not a trial license.
If you have a valid COA you should be able to swing by any computer builder place and they will give you a copy of the OEM version, its no good without a valid COA
Originally posted by Z-man:
I have a regular license, not a trial license.
Correct... but the trial version doesn't require a Product Key.
The media is available to anyone, what makes it a legal copy is the license key. You can order a CD from Microsoft for I think 25 bucks. There are three license versions: retail, OEM and volume licensing. You just need the media that is approriate for each. Even though they are all the same exact build, you cannot use a retail media kit with an OEM license for example. If you have a COA, odds are it is an OEM version. It will have OEM printed on the sticker. If you have VLA, then you download the ISO from the eOpen web site.
Speaking of scratched disks, you can often restore one with toothpaste. Take a clean micro fiber cloth, get it good and wet, apply toothpaste to the CD (Crest works best), rub it in and polish from the center on out. Keep going until it is good and shiny. Wash the CD and dry it. Usually it is restored at this point.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help