atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Z-man Anyone using FreeNAS - 07/31/10 08:59 PM
So I decided to build a Network Attached Storage device using the FreeNAS setup based on Linux. Outside of a couple of new, large drives, I built it from spare parts. Everything in the setup has gone well, except I can't get to it by typing the server name in a browser. Which sucks, because this is the way you map the drive. I can get access to the GUI and also to SSH.
Posted By: Z-man Re: Anyone using FreeNAS - 07/31/10 09:09 PM
I figured it out. I must have forgotten to hit the save button when I enabled sharing.
Posted By: Z-man Re: Anyone using FreeNAS - 08/30/10 08:25 PM
Well, I wanted to give an update. After fiddling around with the FreeNAS and having some issues, I decided to try out Windows Home Server 2008. While FreeNAS is free, WHS does cost about $100 for the license. Money well spent in my opinion. I had the WHS up and running in no time. Downloaded some add on applications and backed up my files. Now the server doesn't just backup stuff for me, it actually synces folders for me. So when I had more photos to the My Pictures folder, it gets synced that night. It also does duplicate folders across two drives. This is probably one of the best and easiest backup solutions to implement. YMMV!
Posted By: johhz Re: Anyone using FreeNAS - 08/31/10 07:55 PM
I use "bestsync" for my windows server. I started using the free version, but upgraded to the business version. Works great and does the same thing.
Posted By: Z-man Re: Anyone using FreeNAS - 08/31/10 08:40 PM
I will have to look into that. It might be what I need to sync some outlook files.
Posted By: ttech Re: Anyone using FreeNAS - 09/04/10 03:37 PM
I use Windows home server also. Very easy to use and I did a do a restore to a Laptop and it worked as advertised.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help