atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Professor Shadow New to ROKU - 01/22/11 10:06 AM
I cannot link my new XDS. frown

• Speed is 1.3Mb/s
  • Hardwired to router, not wireless.
  • Already contacted Tech 'No'-Support.
  • The ROKU Forum hasn't been much use, yet.
  • I don't have a problem viewing Netflix through my laptop connected to the TV.

I keep getting the message that it couldn't link and get another code, then enter two pages of information...and wait...10-15 minutes. I ahve made six attempts...and also rest the connections.

I figured if I can watch Netflix with my laptop-TV connection, then the ROKU would be an easier route to go!

Help if you can...
Posted By: hawk82 Re: New to ROKU - 01/22/11 02:44 PM
Geez. I just set up a Netgear Roku unit yesterday for a client, and the setup couldn't have gone any easier.

Sounds like there is some type of firewall issue preventing the unit from linking up.

Which step are you at? First you link your roku to your roku.com account. Then you link your roku to your Netflix.com account. Is it the first part?
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: New to ROKU - 01/22/11 04:17 PM
First part...the initial Link.

The connectivity lights are lit on the Router and Unit.

192.168.0.1 shows LAN connected device name as: NP-K0A0CR022164.
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: New to ROKU - 01/22/11 08:25 PM
Forgot to mention that I can ping the ROKU.
Posted By: hawk82 Re: New to ROKU - 01/22/11 09:38 PM
So you get the code on the TV screen, then go to your computer, log into roku.com and try to enter the code, but the Roku unit never sees it and times out?
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: New to ROKU - 01/23/11 09:05 AM
Correct. I have also tried the Hard reset. I will be taking the unit over to my brother-in-laws house and try it over there.

I have done this so many times that I mave my credit card number, expiration date and security code memorized.
Posted By: BobRobert Re: New to ROKU - 01/23/11 10:36 AM
Maybe you should hold a class on how to operate a computer while you are there. I'm sure your sister would attend and maybe even feed you in lieu of tuition so you wouldn't have to stop at the soup kitchen on your way back home.
laugh or should it be puke
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: New to ROKU - 01/23/11 01:43 PM
oops, someone actually reads and remembers my posts.

...UPDATE...

It worked as advertised at another location, setup Netflix then brought the unit home. Works like it should.

Next step will be:
  • looking at Norton logs,
  • adding another channel,
  • blame my sister.
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: New to ROKU - 01/23/11 04:56 PM
It appears that it was my sister fault.

I can find nothing in 192.168.0.1 that would restrict/limit up or down...

Occasional flukes* that need a power reset, but things appears okay at this time.

BTW and/or By The Way, the forum for ROKU is...is... puke Under a thread, 1 to 100 pages, it's post:
  • then a post,
  • followed by a post...
  • followed by a post...
  • followed by a post...
  • followed by a post...
  • followed by a post...
  • followed by a post...

I think you get the idea, I have been spoiled by Sundance they the quality of the forum.

Thank you to the POWER's-THAT-BE.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help