atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Jim Bennett Firefox Forced Update? - 04/19/12 04:57 PM
As in, you may have no choice. I just got a nag screen from central "urging" me to update to 11. At the bottom of the box was this:

You will be prompted once more before being automatically updated.

Okay... so if you have no choice, why are they even prompting at all? Yeah, it is free software, so I have no right to complain. But still, this seems a little heavy handed. If they don't want to support earlier versions, that is certainly their choice. But this amounts to basically confiscating my copy of the earlier software.

I guess I should have read the license agreement more carefully.

Jim
======================
You click now.
Posted By: tantivy Re: Firefox Forced Update? - 04/19/12 07:23 PM
Interesting.. I've never encountered that one before..

What are your settings for updates?
Tools-->Options-->Advanced-->Updates
Posted By: Jim Bennett Re: Firefox Forced Update? - 04/20/12 06:59 AM
We have always had that set to "Check for updates, but let me choose whether to install them."

Our install may have gotten the "forced" upgrade because it was several versions behind. We put off upgrading as long as possible because there are always hassles with things like plug-ins/add-ons and settings in the config file that behave differently in different versions.

Now, 2 cups of coffee later, the deed is done and the tweaks [mostly] working as usual.

Jim
==================================================
Speaking from a secure undisclosed location.
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: Firefox Forced Update? - 04/20/12 08:56 AM
In my case, the update doesn't happen. It explains that it doesn't play well with AVG, Do I Want To Continue? Of course not!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help