atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: phoneguywayne Windows 7 Hyper terminal - 09/20/12 12:56 AM
HI Not sure where to post this. My laptop took a dive onto the floor. I was forced to upgrade and it came with windows 7. It doesnt have hyper terminal, anybody have any ideas or solutions. I do some work on Mitels and need it. Thanks for your help.
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: Windows 7 Hyper terminal - 09/20/12 01:40 AM
I found an old version of Hyperterm on a bulletin board and use that.
Posted By: CMM Re: Windows 7 Hyper terminal - 09/20/12 12:22 PM
Putty is also an equivelant program that runs on Win7.

https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html

Look at the help topics for configuring the Serial connection params (fairly straight forward).
Posted By: hawk82 Re: Windows 7 Hyper terminal - 09/21/12 12:30 AM
https://brianshowto.com/?p=35

Personally I prefer PuTTY as mentioned by CMM. Much more useful, such as setting as many lines of callback history as you want. for times when the device you are connected to spits out way too much info to read in one window view.
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: Windows 7 Hyper terminal - 09/21/12 12:37 PM
I use PuTTY on Windows 7 as well. I like being able to Telnet, SSH, or Serial in all from the same program!
Posted By: Bull Tone Re: Windows 7 Hyper terminal - 12/16/12 05:44 AM
You can copy Hypeterm from an XP machine BUT and I can't stress this BUT enough...you have to copy the hyperterminal.dll file ALSO and place it in the windows system 32 folder!!!

If the .dll is not in there...forget about it!
Posted By: oobie Re: Windows 7 Hyper terminal - 12/20/12 08:36 PM
I've done what Bull Tone said and works well. You don't get any of the icons but I don't really care and I use Putty as well.
Posted By: tdw42 Re: Windows 7 Hyper terminal - 12/23/12 12:29 PM
Copy hypertrm.exe and htrn_jis.dll from "C:\Program Files\Windows NT" to the same location on your Windows 7 system,
then copy hypertrm.dll and hticons.dll from C:\Windows\System32 (again to the same location on your Windows 7 system)

I've not tried this on 64-bit Windows 7, but it works fine (including connection icons) on the 32-bit version.
Posted By: skip555 Re: Windows 7 Hyper terminal - 12/23/12 12:38 PM
Iv'e got it on win7 64 bit works fine . I had no trouble getting the Icon on my desktop .
Posted By: metelcom Re: Windows 7 Hyper terminal - 09/08/13 05:12 AM
I know this is old but I just replaced the HD in my laptop and would like to add hyperterminal. I don't have an XP machine so could someone send me the files

hypertrm.exe and htrn_jis.dll from "C:\Program Files\Windows NT
hypertrm.dll and hticons.dll from C:\Windows\System32
Posted By: lostpacket Re: Windows 7 Hyper terminal - 12/10/13 10:56 PM
For people struggling with this, there is a FREE much better alternative, putty.

https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: Windows 7 Hyper terminal - 12/11/13 01:56 AM
Agreed. PUTTY rocks!!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help