atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: davetel need ip address - 02/27/15 05:27 AM
hi guys how can i determine my customers ip address. thanks dave
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: need ip address - 02/27/15 07:38 AM
IP address of what? If it's a phone, try looking at the IP address in programming or in the router. Same with hardware, or look in the manual. You might have to log into it with a default IP address like some routers.

If you get lucky and the customer has a computer on the network, then something like IPchicken works.

Posted By: telecom guy10 Re: need ip address - 02/27/15 07:50 AM
You'll also need to know whether they have a dynamic or static IP address.

Dynamic IP addresses change every few days or so, or however often the ISP configures them to.

Static IPs do not change.
Posted By: Mercenary Roadie Re: need ip address - 02/27/15 10:40 AM
If you just want to know what the IP address of a computer on a network is, just go to the Start menu, select Run and type in CMD to open a command prompt window. Then type IPCONFIG in the window and hit enter. It will show you your IP address for that computer.

If you want to know what your Public IP address is go to www.whatismyip.com and it will show you the IP address assigned to your modem at that moment if you have a dynaminc address from your ISP or it will show you your permanent IP address if you have a static address from your IP.
Posted By: davetel Re: need ip address - 02/28/15 06:09 AM
yes it is for the computer so it can be entered into the call pilot. very helpful. thank you, dave
Posted By: RonP Re: need ip address - 02/28/15 11:31 PM
At the computer in question, open the command utility and enter ipconfig. It will show you the current IP address of that pc. It will not tell you if the address is dynamic or static however..
Posted By: skip555 Re: need ip address - 03/01/15 12:45 AM
at the PC go to network settings to see if its static or dynamic
Posted By: nameless Re: need ip address - 03/01/15 01:33 AM
Ipconfig /all well show more information.
Look for a line which days dhcp server ip address.
If it's there is dynamic, if not then is static.

It's also possible to have the same ip assigned all the time.
Posted By: 93mdk93 Re: need ip address - 03/04/15 02:28 PM
Most DHCP servers will continue to feed a MAC address the same IP if it's available so you're probably pretty safe unless it's a network with lots of adds/moves/changes.
Posted By: Toshiba Bob Re: need ip address - 03/17/15 02:23 PM
I at times have use "Advanced IP Scanner" with my laptop to discover the ip address of the telephone system or VM.
Posted By: donriley Re: need ip address - 02/24/17 07:29 AM
First of all, you need to know if their IP address is dynamic or static. Next, if you can use your customer’s computer then you can check the IP via ipchicken or ipchickenhawk.
Posted By: upstateny Re: need ip address - 02/24/17 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by donriley
First of all, you need to know if their IP address is dynamic or static. Next, if you can use your customer’s computer then you can check the IP via ipchicken or ipchickenhawk.

I think he may have figured it out in the last 23 months thumbsup
Posted By: donriley Re: need ip address - 04/11/17 09:00 AM
Sorry didn't notice the time span
Posted By: Arthur P. Bloom Re: need ip address - 04/11/17 10:58 PM
We are victims of "Provide the answer and never hear a thank-you from the OP" syndrome.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help