atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: dell trans.txt problem - 08/30/04 09:29 AM
Finally got the trace turned on on DX-80 Keyvoice,on box 800 went in and removed all greeting,called into vm from outside and after vm picked up I hear "I'am sorry that was not a valid entry".In the trace it is playing a file [a7b2c39740] how do i remove this file?
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: trans.txt problem - 08/30/04 09:58 AM
Where are you located? You may want to get some phone support with Markk or Cmdl_guy or jwooten (this forum's moderators). Don't delete that "file". That is the VM Line ID in the trans.txt that tells the VM what to answer on line 740 (the first line). You should have
a greeting recorded in Rt Bx 800 and that line of code should (I think) be pointed to 800. But wait for someone who knows. Take small steps here. Are you familiar with editing in DOS?
Good Luck
Posted By: dell Re: trans.txt problem - 08/30/04 10:14 AM
NO I am not,how do i reach one of those guys?
Posted By: dell Re: trans.txt problem - 08/30/04 10:16 AM
Sorry I am in Atlanta,GA. at the customer I can call them from here my email is [email protected]
Posted By: dtmf Re: trans.txt problem - 08/30/04 11:35 AM
You would find them in the Comdial section. Just click on there profile to get there info.
Posted By: BIGDOG3c Re: trans.txt problem - 08/30/04 05:52 PM
did anybody work with you on this yet?

The recording is not the issue, the issue is what is causing that recording to come on.

That is where I would start. The vm is seeing something that is wrong and is calling for that greeting to play.

usually a wrong digit will cause that, try and analize what is coming in and what it is telling the vm to do.

This should lead you down the right path.

let us know if you need more help.
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: trans.txt problem - 08/30/04 06:59 PM
I have e-mailed him, but so far have not heard back from him. I told him in the e-mail that he should find the moderators in the Comdial section. This was about 12:15 central time.
Posted By: dell Re: trans.txt problem - 08/31/04 06:51 AM
Sorry for the delay in gettin back to everyone, did get the problem fixed,while waiting for reply went on line to find KeyVoice tech support and came across a company that sold KeyVoice.Called the company and spoke with a guy who had this problem before,he told me go into routing box field and down at bottom of the page in the field 1 thur 9 put 800 in 8 and 9.He could not remember which one,but it worked.
Posted By: Z-man Re: trans.txt problem - 08/31/04 08:22 AM
it would be the digit 9. The default routing sends a digit 9 to start the day menu. Also, if you are going to use 801 as a night greeting, 801 needs to be in the 9 field in it's box.
Posted By: BIGDOG3c Re: trans.txt problem - 08/31/04 11:37 AM
That is correct. You need to do that for any routing box that is set to answer the call so if you have a day, night , lunch and holiday box that is different. you need to add their number to the digit 9 field.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help