atcomsystems.ca/forum
Hi guru,

Does anyone have experience in using VMWI of Verizon Centrex? I am discovering whetehr FSK VMWI is supported by Verizon Centrex and what standard is followed?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

rookie
Alot would depend on what type switch Verizon is using in you area. In the Tampa Bay area no. The only message waiting you get is broken or studdered dial tone
Thanks. The most of switches used are either DMS100 or 5ESS. I have searched Nortel website, but got little info.

Thanks for any advice.

rookie
www.sandman.com has some product that plugs into the phone line and watches for stutter dial tone if that helps. I've not used one, but he has been selling them for ages so they must work.
mark
Before I worked on small key systems I worked on the DMS100 & SL100(PBX). I do know that the dms is capable of sending VMWI. It all depends on what type of cards their using. I have to go digging through my notes to find out exactly what type is used.
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by capitol:
Before I worked on small key systems I worked on the DMS100 & SL100(PBX). I do know that the dms is capable of sending VMWI. It all depends on what type of cards their using. I have to go digging through my notes to find out exactly what type is used.</font>

Thank you so much. I guess there should be some protocol or standard it follows so that user terminal can interpret the FSK.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help