atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: gogotele Repartee Password help - 10/05/04 08:27 AM
I'm just brough this voice mail system off the Ebay Aucton and it work's great, all except I don't have a system manager password. Would someone please help me, I've been tring for almost three days in a row, and I'm running out of ideas. Thanks.
Reply to... see profile
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: Repartee Password help - 10/05/04 05:19 PM
3 choices:

1) Ask the previous owner for it.

2) Re-install the voicemail to default.

3) Get and run the Active Voice find program to get the password.

Good luck
Posted By: gogotele Re: Repartee Password help - 10/06/04 11:26 PM
1.) Previous owner is Dead, of and the company is out of business.
2.) How to I install to the default, I don't have a disk, just the files on the hard drive.
3.) How do I use the find program?
If it help any I can send any files to you or anything, as long as you can help me.
If it helps any its the Repartee 6.50R2
I finally discovered a valid mgr system id which in this case is 9113, but now it's asking for a security code. ahah! I never know this could be some much trouble.
Any help, thanks in an advance.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: Repartee Password help - 10/07/04 05:52 AM
You need to get an Active Voice dealer in your area to help with that I am afraid then. Because you SHOULD have software to do a re-install on site. CD rom usually with some boot diskettes and os2. You are in a bit of a pickle here because active voice doesn't hand out that proggie to anyone.
Posted By: gogotele Re: Repartee Password help - 10/07/04 10:29 AM
Ok I got it figured out, the only thing I need is a default file of AVEXT.AVD
if anyone can email a default file of AVENT.AVD for the repartee, you will have my greatest gratitude.
Thanks.
Email file to: see profile
Thanks Again.
Posted By: phonemeister Re: Repartee Password help - 10/07/04 10:00 PM
The version you got is the DOS version and has reached its EOL with Active Voice. It's not Y2K compliant btw. Any support on that system from tech support will not be free even for a dealer. You're at a point where you need to contact a dealer to retrieve the password for a fee, or purchase the software from a dealer a fee, or sell it.
Posted By: Test-ok Re: Repartee Password help - 10/08/04 10:16 AM
gogotel
Please refrain for making multi post for the same thing, you have approx. 10 posts asking for a copy of that software. One will do it.
I think you got your answer in here.

off to delete the others.

------------------
| Need a Telephone | Telephone Installers
Posted By: ClassOfService Re: Repartee Password help - 12/13/04 02:10 PM
AVENT.AVD is version dependent.

Your best choice is to call Active Voice and it's $150 for a password retrieval / unlock the system manager ID for you.

Call 800-284-3575.
Posted By: Ingeneius Re: Repartee Password help - 12/29/04 10:22 PM
GREAT Info COS, Thanks!
Posted By: MightyGorilla Re: Repartee Password help - 04/04/06 11:46 AM
I just guessed the password for the one we got on Ebay! "???????" Maybe a default for the dos elitemail systems? smile

edited for password content, please do not post passwords on the open forum. If you feel the need, us PM's or email.
Posted By: scotttoolguy Re: Repartee Password help - 04/04/06 04:10 PM
Posted By: cavj1 Re: Repartee Password help - 09/15/06 02:05 PM
I know the default password that they use on newer systems installs...I believe it hasn't changed since the OS/2 days...can I post passwords here???
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: Repartee Password help - 09/15/06 02:28 PM
No. All passwords must be sent through the Private Message feature.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help