atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ron Repartee password - 12/17/04 09:46 AM
I worked at a company last year that had a repartee system that was put in during late 1999. The system was always in the dos screen for repartee where you used the "f" keys to manage the system but you could get to the desktop which was not dos. There was never any password or userid to get into the system and if you restarted the computer it automatically went back to the dos screen.

A week after I left they had problems with calls not being able to come in and he restarted the Repartee computer and the problem was fixed.

Now he's saying that I did not leave him the access codes for the system and that they had problems for months that cost them thousands in lost sales.

Does anyone know if there is information which shows that there is no access codes or passwords needed to get into and/or manage Repartee?

Thanks.
Posted By: phonemeister Re: Repartee password - 12/17/04 12:41 PM
If you or anyone else didn't change it, then it's still should be at default. If not, call a vendor who can retrieve the log in name and/or password.
Posted By: Z-man Re: Repartee password - 12/19/04 11:07 PM
sounds like he is trying to come after you. If he had an issue, he should have called an authorized dealer to fix the problem. Are you certified on Repartee? If not, then you have nothing to worry about. You can't be held responsible.
Posted By: dtu Re: Repartee password - 12/20/04 05:17 PM
The 'DOS' screen you are referring to is what is known as the Banner screen. In all of the documentation I have and personal experience I have with Repartee, you do need to sign in to the system as a system manager before you can change any system settings.
Pressing 'F2' at the banner sreen will bring up the login box.
Pressing Alt+Esc will swap between the banner screen and the main OS screen, if the system was installed in '99 I would guess that the OS is actually OS2.
If you reboot the whole PC it usually does start up Repartee automatically.
From the OS2 screen you can shutdown Repartee and you can restart it without actually signing in, but to make changes like I said in all of the management and installation guides I have they all say you have to sign in to make system changes.

The default log-in is in the 'System management guide'.

And if he was having a problem with not receiving calls who is to say is was not a PBX problem (assuming ports connected to repartee were off the PBX)?

[This message has been edited by dtu (edited December 20, 2004).]
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help