atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Z-man Keyvoice bug - 01/21/05 09:09 AM
On the 8.5 software, keyvoice has a slight bug in it. If you have a user who is setup to be notified using the outcalling feature, and the user doesn't check the message on day 1, then at 0001 in the morning, the system sees a new day and attempts to notify them again. I have a customer who doesn't always check his notified messages, so he gets these calls at midnight. he is not the type to tell to make sure to clear them all. Have they fixed this yet? Does anyone have a work around for this?
Posted By: BIGDOG3c Re: Keyvoice bug - 01/21/05 11:20 AM
I seem to remember the refresh message waiting has something to do with that.

I may be way off base though.

When you run first time setup it ask you what time to refresh the message lights. This defaults at midnight.

I would try to set it to not refresh message lights and see if that clears it.

OK, I just checked my notes and I was wrong.

Thats not really a bug. Its just the way the system was designed. The system rolls to midnight, it treats all boxes like it's a new day and so it will send out any message notifications if they are set up to do so.

If he does not want to get notified. Run the notification through the schedule.

------------------
[Linked Image from home.columbus.rr.com]

WWW.THEBESTPHONESUPPORT.COM

[This message has been edited by BIGDOG3c (edited January 21, 2005).]
Posted By: jimthomson Re: Keyvoice bug - 01/21/05 01:24 PM
This is not a bug like Bigdog3C says. You have the system to call always. If you don't want to be called at midnight use the schedule field.
Posted By: Z-man Re: Keyvoice bug - 01/22/05 11:59 AM
damn, I never thought of using a schedule. That just might work. I will get back to you guys.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help