atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: atroon DX80 VM Dial-Out - 05/02/05 05:58 AM
Greetings; Thanks for all the other posts. I've learned a lot just searching.

I have a current problem, though, that I can't figure out. Working with a DX80 voice mail (KeyVoice) #7271. Client wants service calls routed through routing boxes and then forwarded to a cell phone for an on-call person. No one staffs the office at night.
I have everything set except that the VM will not dial the cell phone number (or any number, for that matter!). When I monitor the outgoing line with my buttset, I hear "<dial tone> ... ... 'I have a call for you' <more dial tone>". So it grabs the line but doesn't dial.
The transfer type is set to Wait for Answer, but I've tried all the options.
The system _will_ dial out to the cell phone if I set it up as a pager and turn on pager notification, so the system's not toll-restricted to that cell number. Is there a parameter for external forwards that I've missed? Outgoing calls are turned on on all lines (In this case 5), and the call-forward options in the system information menu looks right. Please let me know if there's something simple I missed.
Posted By: Mark K. Re: DX80 VM Dial-Out - 05/02/05 11:47 AM
I don't completely understand how you are using the routing box for this app and I can't tell if your trying to actually forward the call off premeses or just notify a service person. Having said that, here's what I do. Have the service caller land in a mailbox, have that MB greeting tell them to leave a message and the call will returned promptly. Then in that MB under options (user programmable from the options menu) set up message notification with the cell number. You can also use the supervisor programming to tell that box how frequently to try that number until the message is delivered. Message notification from a mailbox's options is menu choice 5
mark

------------------
Reliable Telephone Service
Posted By: atroon Re: DX80 VM Dial-Out - 05/04/05 08:32 AM
Thank you, that actually works very well and the client is happy. His original intention was to get a live connection to a service phone with a customer who was having a problem. But he can see the benefits of the 'leave a message' system.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help