atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: cleep blank voicemails - 05/10/05 09:43 AM
I have an NT based Key Voice v-mail attached to an comdial system. Whenever a caller hits a v-mail message and hangs up it leaves a blank voice mail. Is there any way stop this.
Thanks.
Posted By: KENB Re: blank voicemails - 05/10/05 10:31 AM
i dont know your mail but on some mails in
class of service theres an option for
press 1 to record so the person must press 1
and if they just hang up nothing is recorded
since most people dont listen to instructions and in a sales enviorment no one wants a customer to do another key stroke
ps
to get responses you should fill out your profile completely

[This message has been edited by KENB (edited May 10, 2005).]
Posted By: cleep Re: blank voicemails - 05/11/05 06:26 AM
Thanks for your reply. Dialing an extra digit too leave a message is not an option... so it looks like we are stuck with the blank v-mails.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: blank voicemails - 05/11/05 06:46 AM
It sounds to me like your phone system is not sending a disconnect signal to the voice mail to tell it that the caller is gone. Either (A) the phone system isn't programmed to send this signal; (B) the phone system isn't processing the disconnect signal being sent from the CO when the caller hangs up, or (C) the local dial tone provider isn't sending the disconnect signal (loop supervision).

------------------
Ed
---------
How come there's always enough time to go back and fix it a second time?
Posted By: Mark K. Re: blank voicemails - 05/11/05 11:38 AM
go into system programming, technical, and set the seconds of silence to end at 10 and set the seconds of non silence at 99
Mark

------------------
Reliable Telephone Service
Posted By: BIGDOG3c Re: blank voicemails - 05/11/05 12:34 PM
I would follow Marks info.

Sounds like no positive disconnect to the switch from the telco or from the switch to the vmail. This is something you will see allot on analog lines. Not typical for T-1 or PRI.

I would also set all routing boxes up with the setting of, no digits dialed say goodbye and have it repeat the menu option twice before it does.

P.S.

Sorry, I received your email, Just been very busy and kinda forgot about it.

------------------
BIGDOG3c
[Linked Image from home.columbus.rr.com]

PARALLEL TECHNOLOGIES INC.

WWW.ABUGSEYEVIEW.COM
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help