atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: KLD Intronics MLX-82 - 09/24/07 01:55 PM
This must interface with a VM on a Sprint Protege CTX on the SMDR port and there are two ATA from Sprint on this system that goes to a block that says VM but it cables out to another suite.

What is an MLX-82? This is a lawyer office and of course they bill by time and use CID.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Intronics MLX-82 - 09/24/07 02:08 PM
Ken:

That sounds like a generic caller ID server. There were two versions, 4 line and 8 line. The lines are parallel-connected to them and to the KSU line ports, then a serial connection is made between the unit and the KSU.

Is it ivory colored with 4-8 RJ11's on the back and DIP switches on the front? If so, then that's what you have. They were marketed by Comdial, Vodavi, Sprint and Fujitsu, among several other brands. The 9-line version that's being sold by X-Blue is compatible.
Posted By: KLD Re: Intronics MLX-82 - 09/24/07 06:45 PM
Thanks, Ed, that's it. Makes sense. But where, oh, where did the VM go? Looks like I'll have to make another trip, drag in a ladder so I can get to the wiring, and find out where the wiring goes. I hope it isn't the old 386 computer sitting there......... frown
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help