atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: RonB Repartee For Windows Dial By Name - 11/01/07 02:23 PM
When callers access the directory after the announcement by dialing 411 then 1 to dial by name. The system immediately routs to the operator before the caller can enter the first few charaters of the last name. Can you tell me where do I change this timer/pause to allow enough time for the caller to input the first few characters of the called party last name. If I immedately dial 4111, it will lead me through dialing the first few characters, but outside customers don't know to use 4111 instead of 411 then 1. Can anyone help me with this. Thanks.
Under Routing boxes--> Opening Box--> One Key Dialing at the bottom of the page you can change the timer to what you want.

Did someone change the directory number to 411? It is default at 555......
Posted By: RonB Re: Repartee For Windows Dial By Name - 11/02/07 09:30 AM
Thanks that helped a lot. I get a full 4 seconds now, it's way better than before.
Posted By: RonB Re: Repartee For Windows Dial By Name - 05/21/09 03:47 PM
OK Now I have users removing themselves from the Dial by Name Directory. Is there a way to remove this feature from the users level? Currently I scan the subscribers database for all that have elected to removed themselves and re-add them. This can get old as the number of users increase. Any suggestions?
Posted By: vad60 Re: Repartee For Windows Dial By Name - 05/22/09 05:14 AM
No directory option per user level. Just system wide feature.
Actually in the mailbox's of the users you can toggle it on and off per user.

You will have to look at each mailbox in thru the administrator's tool.

There is also an option to keep them from changing anything in the advanced or expanded options. Let me know if you need help with this. I am every versed in this product.
Posted By: RonB Re: Repartee For Windows Dial By Name - 05/22/09 06:21 AM
The users that are guilty of removing themselves go to the setup options(7),personal options(7), Directory Status(7) and turn off the feature. I want to restrict them from using this.
Posted By: RonB Re: Repartee For Windows Dial By Name - 05/22/09 06:26 AM
Originally posted by TadiranTechTexas:
Actually in the mailbox's of the users you can toggle it on and off per user.

You will have to look at each mailbox in thru the administrator's tool.

There is also an option to keep them from changing anything in the advanced or expanded options. Let me know if you need help with this. I am every versed in this product.
I checked all mailboxes and found many had turned it off. What is the option to keep them from changing this?
"Allow access to setup options Allows a subscriber to change setup
options by phone, including personal greetings, message groups,
call transfer, message delivery, recorded name, spelled name, security
code, and directory listing."

The only problem if you uncheck this, they will not be able to change greetings and such..
Posted By: RonB Re: Repartee For Windows Dial By Name - 05/22/09 11:18 AM
Originally posted by TadiranTechTexas:
"Allow access to setup options Allows a subscriber to change setup
options by phone, including personal greetings, message groups,
call transfer, message delivery, recorded name, spelled name, security
code, and directory listing."

The only problem if you uncheck this, they will not be able to change greetings and such..
Thanks for your help. I don't want to cause more problems for myself so it looks like I will have to do a database scan periodically to re-add the users. Thanks again.
If only a system could do everything you want huh? I have been waiting for that system for years!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help