atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Tim Owens Repartee/ActiveVoice Help - 02/01/10 04:16 PM
I have a older version of ActiveVoice (7.48) running on OS2. It's connected to a Merlin Magix switch. I inherited this system and know very little about it.

We have a 4 port VM card installed in the Active Voice box and have extensions 7176-7179 forwarded to it.

We recently discovered that our automated attendant is not working. Calls forwarded to voicemail go directly to our general mailbox
(xt 1000) instead of the AA opening box.

If I change the station numbers setting on page 1 of the Easymade Application Menu from 7176-7179 to xt 1000 the automated attendant works but the option to leave a message does not.

Our desire is to have calls not picked up within 5 rings to go to the AA, if no selection is made then the call would go to a voicemail box.

I hope this is enough detail.

Any idea as to what could be wrong?
I really appreacite any help you can offer!!!!

Thanks!

Tim
Posted By: vad60 Re: Repartee/ActiveVoice Help - 02/01/10 08:59 PM
Call your vendor. He supposed to know how to set an operation properly. If you don't have one I would suggest to find somebody. This is to much programming has to be done and its obvious you have no idea what to do.
Posted By: johnp Re: Repartee/ActiveVoice Help - 02/01/10 09:58 PM
Listen to Vad! It does sound like an integration issue to me.

Repartee if set up correctly, runs with little or no intervention. IMHO, you won't likely find a more reliable system. The only system with better uptime I've seen is a Centigram/Bay Point/Mitel Mail running on QNX. For sure YMMV
Posted By: Tim Owens Re: Repartee/ActiveVoice Help - 02/02/10 06:52 AM
Tried that. Unfortunately, vendor is no longer in business. No one else in area supports this system. This forum was my last hope.
Posted By: telephoneguy Re: Repartee/ActiveVoice Help - 06/12/10 02:00 PM
For reference (in case someone is cruising old threads looking for this info): To change the integration, go to the EZ-MADE SWITCH SETUP screen and delete the current PBX from the "integration type" line.

WRITE IT DOWN FIRST, with any switches or other info that may come after it (such as /AA, etc.)

When you hit "enter," the system will pop up a box that asks, "Is it ... ?" and will keep going through PBX types until you reach the correct one. On that one, indicate "Yes." This should automatically populate the fields necessary for a correct integration with that switch.

If it does not help, change this line BACK to what it said before exactly as it was.
Posted By: Rickman Re: Repartee/ActiveVoice Help - 06/14/10 07:03 AM
Also Check "Easymade Applications" Page 2, Line - 11. It should be set to "$GREETING" or "Opening Box".
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help