atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: netjess 440CT KSU Voice Mail - 06/10/11 02:23 PM
On a 440CT KSU WIN system.
I need to reset a voice mail access code for someone that was discharged from the company.
They have voice mail messages that we need to retrieve.

I have access to the system via HyperTerm. I do not have the GUI software. It appears to only be availble to people who attend a class and receive a dongle.

I have gone through the pdf they make available but cannot find the feature.

Thank you for any assistance.
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: 440CT KSU Voice Mail - 06/10/11 03:11 PM
Most VM systems that can have the PW for a mailbox reset, WIPE the messages upon reset. frown I'd suggest you try to make friends with the X and get the password. Don't be surprised if $ is demanded. frown
Posted By: Z-man Re: 440CT KSU Voice Mail - 06/10/11 03:52 PM
Do you have a local WIN dealer that you work with. They can assist you with a password reset. If you don't have someone local, you can find an installer that could help remotely to fix this. WIN is not a popular system, so it might take some work.
Posted By: netjess Re: 440CT KSU Voice Mail - 06/13/11 09:30 AM
Thanks for the suggestions, I have worked with some other systems NEC and Avaya, I have to say I can tell why WIN is "not popular". So far I am not a fan.
I have the PDF and I can see how to make changes such as assign stations to ports ans change station settings but not much in the way of voicemail.
Posted By: Alvaphonepro Re: 440CT KSU Voice Mail - 06/13/11 06:06 PM
Dealer protected system. I had similar issues. The dealer wanted $100.00 an hour for remote tech support. My customer ripped the VM card out of the KSU and threw it in the dumpster. Really..
Posted By: Z-man Re: 440CT KSU Voice Mail - 06/14/11 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Alvaphonepro:
Dealer protected system. I had similar issues. The dealer wanted $100.00 an hour for remote tech support. My customer ripped the VM card out of the KSU and threw it in the dumpster. Really..
Then what did they do for a voice mail? A $100 an hour is probably the going rate for tech support for a lot of companies.
Posted By: skip555 Re: 440CT KSU Voice Mail - 06/14/11 05:18 AM
Originally posted by Z-man:
Originally posted by Alvaphonepro:
[b] Dealer protected system. I had similar issues. The dealer wanted $100.00 an hour for remote tech support. My customer ripped the VM card out of the KSU and threw it in the dumpster. Really..
Then what did they do for a voice mail? A $100 an hour is probably the going rate for tech support for a lot of companies. [/b]
I agree , seems like a a poor move on his part , what kind of VM can he get that will be free and offer free support ?
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help