atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ctaylor7779 Key Voice (Vertical) Losing Recordings - 10/06/11 06:04 AM
Strangest thing has been happening at one of the offices we maintain across our state. They have a Vertical Corporate Office with the latest version software (8.2)connected to a DXP w/ 15A Software. They seem to be losing the name recordings and messages. You can record your name in a mailbox and come back later and on the screen it shows a "yes" for name recorded but when you go to the directory or get transferred to that extension it will just be silence. We have switched out the entire voice mail and the entire DXP but we are still having the problem. Over a period of time it will continue to erase the name recordings for other extensions as well. We just got a call today that the same thing is happening to our other office in the same town but it's about 5 miles away. I believe we are in the Bermuda Triangle for Voice mails, Help!
Posted By: Z-man Re: Key Voice (Vertical) Losing Recordings - 10/06/11 06:16 AM
is this the DOS or Windows version? When you say you switched out the voice mail, you switched out the entire thing? or did you do a backup and restore to the new one? This sounds like some sort of software corruption.
DOS version. Switched out entire voice mail and then had another voice mail shipped to us because the new one was doing the same thing. We also defaulted DXP and entered the database manually because it was suggested that it could have been corrupted. Still doing the same thing.
Posted By: Z-man Re: Key Voice (Vertical) Losing Recordings - 10/06/11 06:33 AM
Did you change the default log in passwords for the admin and also for the admin mailbox?

Also, you are using the digital DSP boards in this right?
Changed the default passwords and it is using the digital DSP boards...
8.2 was the early version. 8.5 solved alot of issues. Next time it happens shell down to the VM directory and look to see if you still have recordings. The file will show like a size of 1-3 if it is indeed gone. You can look at the box GRT and MSG file sizes.
Posted By: Z-man Re: Key Voice (Vertical) Losing Recordings - 10/06/11 05:35 PM
I have the DOS and Rhetorex versions of 8.5, but I don't think I have the DSP since we never used it that way.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help