atcomsystems.ca/forum
I would appreciate any input on this problem. Tks.. for your help.
1.) Telephone System : Norstar Mics 6.1
2.) Quest T1:= (chs 1-16= d & 17-24 = v.)
3.) Router: = Cisco 1721
If the t1 is direct from t1 demarc to the Mics I can access 4 ot the 8-- 2 way trunks=ok at phones. If the t1- is routed to the Cisco router 1721 then to the Mics = No dial tone. Mics:
1.) ksu-1-card-1= t1
2.) line code= b8zs
3.) framing= esf
4.) clocking= primary
5.) internal csu= off
Quest T1 options are being requested 08-24-04.
Does anybody have any input?
Posted By: lcarroll Re: Norstar T1 & Cisco 1721 Router - 02/25/05 07:04 AM
Don't know if you got the information you needed but I hope this helps.

My understanding is that you are using a channelized T1 carrying both dedicated datacom services and switched voice that is terminating on the MICS. You'll need the following to be in place:
- The Bandwidth Allocation License installed and configured to pass up to 1.544 Mbps (Frac-Full T1) of data services to your router connected to the Norstar Data Interface (NDI) via V.35.
- The router transparently pulls channels from the T1 through the MICS for internet access.
- The NDI facilitates clocking and connectivity services between the MICS and the router.
Posted By: SST Re: Norstar T1 & Cisco 1721 Router - 02/28/05 09:22 AM
Can I assume that the 1721 is acting as a drop and insert and that you have mapped the approriate trunks and their signalling type through the cisco router? I would double check the trunk signaling with the carrier and your mics. If you have an incomming toll free or DID on these trunks it's possible the carriers switch has started taking some of the trunks out-of-service-automatic. If these are EM wink trunks and a call hits a trunk (typically 3 times) with out a wink back, many C.O. switchs will remove the trunk from service. This maybe why you have some trunks working on the direct connect when by-passing the cisco. When mapping trunks through a drop and insert device the trunks must be designated as clear channel for the data band width. For voice trunks, you must enable RBS (robbed bit signaling) along with the trunk type (EM,loop, ground, etc...)
Posted By: Crowtalks Re: Norstar T1 & Cisco 1721 Router - 03/19/05 09:27 AM
Wouldn't the clocking on the MICS need to be secondary or slave source?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help