atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: mgere PRI Hunting sequence - 08/25/09 11:30 AM
What is the proper names for the hunting sequence that starts with the bottom channel for incoming calls and the top channel for outgoing or the other way around?

Is it counter clockwise circular and clockwise circular. If so is clockwise circular incoming top/down and out going down/up?
Posted By: WRichey Re: PRI Hunting sequence - 08/25/09 04:51 PM
Sounds odd but to avoid glare the "high/low" selection is all I have ever used. If the phone company is using high to low then they will search from the highest "B" channel (23) to the lowest (1). Your system will use low to high eg (1) to (23). As for the clockwise thing. That does not apply on a pri. However they will search in order from (23) down to (1) and if no channels are available they will return busy.

I sure hope that helps. (hope I am right too but you never know)
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: PRI Hunting sequence - 08/25/09 04:55 PM
Most of the carriers here use the term Ascending or Descending. Basically they want to insure if they come in on channel 1 that you start going outbound on 23 and up.
Posted By: ictelco Re: PRI Hunting sequence - 08/25/09 04:57 PM
I've heard it called "ascending sequential" and "descending sequential".
Posted By: p2ii Re: PRI Hunting sequence - 08/25/09 05:56 PM
Originally posted by RATHER BE FISHING:
Most of the carriers here use the term Ascending or Descending. Basically they want to insure if they come in on channel 1 that you start going outbound on 23 and up.
This is the way I describe it as well.
Posted By: dagwoodsystems Re: PRI Hunting sequence - 08/26/09 02:19 AM
2WF or ASEQ = Two-Way Forward Hunt (numerically ascending)

2WB or DSEQ = Two-Way Backward Hunt

UCD or MIDL = Uniform/Most Idle (nearly the same thing)

UCDF = Uniform Call Distribution Forward (ascending, then circles around from end)

UCDB = Uniform Call Distribution Backward
Posted By: mgere Re: PRI Hunting sequence - 08/26/09 07:10 AM
Cool, thanks guys. I have the outgoing calls starting with CH-23 and had telco start the incoming calls at CH-1. I just didn't know the proper terminology for that hunting sequence.
Posted By: Majestic Re: PRI Hunting sequence - 08/28/09 07:28 PM
I've always known it as forward or reverse sequential.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help