atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: tommyb52 56k on litespan - 03/06/11 01:35 PM
Does a 56k circuit on a litespan system have to work on a OCUDP card? Can it work on a BRIU2 card? I installed a 9.6K circuit on a litespan system last year but it was on a BRIU2 card which then was terminated with an IDSL remote card locally powered in a smartjack at the subs premise and the IDSL card can be used for a 56k. An OCUDP card comes out of the system as a 4 wire circuit where the BRIU2 is 2 wire and copper pairs are in short supply due to a cable failure.
Posted By: CnGRacin Re: 56k on litespan - 03/21/11 02:04 PM
I’m going to venture a guess someone got pretty creative for the 9.6 example you mentioned and used the customer payload allocated to the BRI-D channel that is also 9.6 Kb. And then set the card up as D-only ISDN. … Since you’re looking for a 56 Kb DDS could technically run on a B-channel of a BRIU2 could technically carry the data and put it on to the cable pair… I can’t for the life of me figure out an option on the end-user end to treat a 1-b-chanel with no D-channel signaling.
Posted By: tommyb52 Re: 56k on litespan - 03/21/11 04:00 PM
We got the circuit up and going but the RT and CO card needed to be changed from an OCUDP to a BRIU2 and it worked as a 2 wire out in the field with a locally powered IDSL card in the smartjack. We get 2 circuits per card on the odd# pairs,the even # pairs are then dead. Thanks for the info.
Posted By: John Osvatic Re: 56k on litespan - 03/23/11 07:43 AM
Fast forward a year when a tech has to go out and troubleshoot it......ahhhhhhhhhhh!
Posted By: FieldOps Re: 56k on litespan - 11/28/11 08:56 PM
tommyb52 drop me a line at [email protected] if you like. I can send you my write up on the Vz IDSL/DDS equipment layout & design.

I designed the 2W DDS IDSL interface during a BA RFP in 1999-2000, and eventually awarded the US Patent that defines the IDSL/DDS, and PG-CAU 15Khz audio loopback operations while I was at Vz.

When a U-BR1TE V or SLC-5 U-BR1TE III is optioned with the D channel OFF, all in-band DDS maintenance loopback messages are translated from the DS0 payload and into the the 16Kb/s ISDL (ISDN DSL) embedded operations channel (eoc) that is part of the 160Kb/s ISDN DSL signal.

With IDSL/DDS you can run all traditional DDS sub-rates, as well as 56/64Kbs. The only kick is that when LiteSpan or any non WeCO/Lucent DLC, is cross-connected to a D4 bank equipped with an Adran U-BR1TE V configured as 1B with the B2 & D channels turned off. ZBS must be turned off on 56K w/SEC CH and with 64Kbs DDS circuits. ZBS function as ZCS (Zero Code Suppression) when the D channel is ON.

In normal ISDN mode when the Adtran U-BR1TE V D channel is ON, the ZBS (Zero Byte Substitution) option when set to ON will allow all zeros' data pattern to pass over AMI coded T1 facilities.

NOTE: With non-WECo/Lucent U-BR1TE's, the IDSL-R must be locally powered.

Only exception to the above is when running any type of IOF channel bank to a WECo/Lucent DLC SLC system (SLC5/96).

The U-BR1TE III at the SLC-5 RT will translate the DDS loopback messages into the IDSL eoc channel. This allows a conventional 4W DDS DS0-DP back to back channel unit design at the CO.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help