atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: reddevilfan Extending T1 to voice router - 08/13/11 07:39 AM
I am connecting a voip circuit to a nortel pbx. PRI card does not have an rj48 plug on the front but terminates through the backplane and connects to the CSU via 9-pin connector. the new voip router is mounted on a rack across the room so I need to get the cable from the phone system extended over to the voip router. The cabling needs to be t1 crossover.
Here's what I think I need to do:
Cut 9-pin connector off end coming from PBX - i am going to bypass csu - and need to use t1 wiring scheme. cable coming out of router is t1 crossover. my question: is there a device I can use to connect the two cables together? there isn't enough slack in the pbx cable to connect directly into router. I think I need a modular extender plug that has t1 on one side and t1 crossover on the other but I don't think there is such a product so was looking for ideas to make one.
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: Extending T1 to voice router - 08/13/11 08:26 AM
Take 2 8 pin jacks and wire them up as you need, DIY coupler.
Posted By: jwooten Re: Extending T1 to voice router - 08/14/11 06:26 AM
You might look a little closer at that connector. It's probably a 15 pin!
Posted By: Silversam Re: Extending T1 to voice router - 08/14/11 08:19 AM
Originally posted by jwooten:
You might look a little closer at that connector. It's probably a 15 pin!
Absolutely! aok

It's a 15 pin. T1 & T on pins 1 & 3. R1 & R on pins 9 & 11.

Sam
Posted By: reddevilfan Re: Extending T1 to voice router - 08/14/11 03:24 PM
I think you are right on the 15 pin. Can I make this work if I am trying to provide t1 crossover cabling between devices? I think I have two options: 1) keep the csu in play and change the rj-48 that is currently connected to the smart jack to a t1 crossover configration. How would I do the pin outs on the rj48 jack? or 2) bypass the csu and make the cable coming out of the pbx backplane a t1 crossover but again how would I do the pinouts? Thank you.
Posted By: jwooten Re: Extending T1 to voice router - 08/14/11 03:57 PM
You can use a standard 50 pin amp cable. You can do a search for Option 11c 1.5 Mb DTI/PRI and you'll find the pinouts therein.
Posted By: Silversam Re: Extending T1 to voice router - 08/14/11 05:49 PM
On an RJ 48X ReceiveT/R is 1 & 2 and Transmit T/R is 5/4

Sam
Posted By: reddevilfan Re: Extending T1 to voice router - 08/14/11 06:36 PM
OK - I think I'm getting closer. I did some research on the Kentrox CSU. The current CSU has the 15-pin going to the network. It also looks like there is an adapter that will allow an RJ-48 Plug so then I can connect a cable directly from the network interface/router to the CSU and that cable would be the T-1 crossover. Make sense? Does anyone know Kentrox well enough to know if this will work and what the difference between the Rj-48 Plug and RJ-48 adapter is?
THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help