atcomsystems.ca/forum
I need to connect multiple systems to a PRI.

Mainly to learn these archaic machines on a live PRI that we support, without having to get another PRI.

Can I plug a hub into it to multiplex the connection? Or would it pass data but not voltage?
Short answer: NO. A PRI can only have one endpoint.
Connect the PRI to one of the systems and then pass the (appropriate) calls to the other PBX(s) with Tie Trunks. This is called Networking. Or at least it was until the IT weenies co-opted the term.

Sam
Actually, I seem to recall seeing a nice gadget from Adtran that allowed a single PRI to enter it and multiple PRIs came out. Of course, they are fractional, so B1-6 + D appears on the first one; B7-12 + D appears on the second one, etc.

We had one of these for a customer who was using some channels for voice and some for their fax server. It has been about ten years though, so I'm not sure if they are still available.

I'd check with Adtran to see.
Posted By: los415 Re: Connect 1 PRI to Multiple PBX's? Via Hub? - 09/24/11 07:03 PM
Take a look at the adtran atlas 550 link below. Lets you plugin the pri from the carrier in and lets you set up other pri's out to differnt pbx's ect. you can route based on did ect. I've used these for years work like a charm. Best part of it all they are fairly inexpensive.

https://www.adtran.com/web/page/portal/Adtran/group/42
I have an Adtran 602 total access that a deltacom technician junked. Would that work? It is an IAD. I'm not sure I can factory reset it, but the manual says the craft port provides maximum rights :bang: )
In its standard form a PRI from the Telco has 23 channels that can be used for voice, "B" channels, and 1 "D" channel. The D channel carries all the signalling and supervision for all voice channels. The Telco PRI can only interface to one endpoint. You would need a box as mentioned above that terminates the PRI and generates separate B and D channels to each output. You cannot do that with a hub or by splitting out wires.
I'll put in a 2nd vote for an Atlas 550. It can do exactly what you are asking. The units are so versatile that Cisco certification courses use them to simulate the CO in labs.

Get an Atlas 550 with a single T1 card. Add a 1200314L2 dual T1 card and you will be set to go. You might even want to spring for an Octal T1 card if you have several machines that you want live at the same time. You can also get an FXS card and connect analog equipment as well.
The 602 is a standard CSU/DSU and won't split out a T1 but the 550 that's been recommended will. One good thing about Adtran is they offer excellent support. Give them a call and discuss your situation and they will recommend the best option.
The Adtran 750, if equipped with a List 2 BCU will allow "drop/add" (you can Google that term and find out a lot about how it's done and who does it).

You derive a second T1 connection from the 1st channel bank that runs via a 4-wire ckt to the 2nd channel bank.

The channel bank has two 8p8c jacks. One is IN and the other is OUT, basically.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help