atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: M Martin Dumb Job #999 - 02/22/07 04:48 PM
Any suggestions. Someone @ my work tied cat5 to a patch pannel to a 25 pr phone line to a cat 5 then to a switch. I do not believe this will work and has not worked as of close of business today. Will it work if not what would be a quick fix this is only temp. for about 2 weeks.

Thanks
Posted By: justbill Re: Dumb Job #999 - 02/22/07 05:00 PM
Best suggestion I have is call a phone tech.
Posted By: grider Re: Dumb Job #999 - 02/23/07 02:39 AM
What are you wanting to work, telephone, computer, fax machine, wireless access point, camera, coffee pot? help :bang:

John
Posted By: grider Re: Dumb Job #999 - 02/23/07 01:41 PM
Originally posted by M Martin:
Any suggestions.
I suggest whoever unlocked the door and let you in the com room be flogged at lunch time in the courtyard! The flogging weapon should be your arm after it is ripped off!!

You did TITLE this post correctly!
Posted By: notheruser Re: Dumb Job #999 - 02/23/07 06:31 PM
The Cat5 at each end would suggest computers being connected in which case, no, it will not work. Temporary job for two weeks? Run in a temporary cable and ignore the mess that's there already!
I would suggest you do not take up grider's suggestion, since the sight of blood at lunchtime is likely to put other staff off their food.
Posted By: skip555 Re: Dumb Job #999 - 02/23/07 06:43 PM
Originally posted by grider:
Originally posted by M Martin:
[b] Any suggestions.
I suggest whoever unlocked the door and let you in the com room be flogged at lunch time in the courtyard! The flogging weapon should be your arm after it is ripped off!!

You did TITLE this post correctly! [/b]
BTW welcome :toothy:
Posted By: ALLN1 Re: Dumb Job #999 - 02/23/07 10:52 PM
I agree Run a temp cable for a couple weeks.

Welcome to the board.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help