atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Dane chnaging a subnet setting - 05/18/08 12:21 PM
This is a two part / either/or question. I am a Mitle guy and am trying to
program a PRI card using a proprietary Mitel program (IMAT) specifically for that card.
Problem is I am not on site and can't get to the card via a router because the program
will not let me enter anything beyond an IP number (so I can't enter in a port to forward
to that IP on the card). So first question - is there any way that I can configure the router
temporarily) to let me just connect to the public IP and have it forward to that specific port)
It's a D-link router.

Or that being said I can probably connect by plugging directly into the switch connected to the ISP modem and program the card with the static IP, but unfortunately the subnet on the Public IP is 255.255.255 .248 and the default subnet on the PRI card is .0 and the representation of the programming on the card for the subnet is ffffff00 and I can't find any info on what to type in to make it .248

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dane
Posted By: djweis Re: chnaging a subnet setting - 05/18/08 12:30 PM
It would be fffffff8
Posted By: Dane Re: chnaging a subnet setting - 05/18/08 03:13 PM
Thanks
Posted By: rustynails Re: chnaging a subnet setting - 05/19/08 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Dane:
So first question - is there any way that I can configure the router
temporarily) to let me just connect to the public IP and have it forward to that specific port)
It's a D-link router.
Assuming you have remote access to the router, simply place the Mitel in the DMZ.
Posted By: Dane Re: chnaging a subnet setting - 05/19/08 07:24 AM
Sorry I was supplied incorrect info - the subnet is .128 so what would the conversion be for that

Thanks
Posted By: sph Re: chnaging a subnet setting - 05/19/08 07:54 AM
Originally posted by Dane:
Sorry I was supplied incorrect info - the subnet is .128 so what would the conversion be for that

Thanks
FF.FF.FF.80

Apart from the DMZ option, it may be possible to configure the router to forward the appropriate port to the (non-public) IP of the card. Depends on the router model and the software it is running.
Posted By: gcave Re: chnaging a subnet setting - 05/19/08 03:52 PM
You all may find this link useful. It converts Decimal to binary etc. https://www.physics.udel.edu/~watson/scen103/binary-to-hex.html
Posted By: 93mdk93 Re: chnaging a subnet setting - 05/23/08 03:03 PM
here's a really nice tool for this sort of work:
https://www.radmin.com/download/ipcalc11.exe
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help