atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: mj_wald can not ping - 10/11/11 12:00 PM
OK, I have 37 CDR buffer boxes i need to program.

They all come with a default IP.

After I configure one, I swap it out for the next one. However, I need to wait about 5 minutes before I can access it. No response in browser no response from a ping. Then it just starts working.

I tried flushing my DNS, no go.
Posted By: Z-man Re: can not ping - 10/11/11 07:22 PM
what are you connecting them too for the configuration?
Posted By: rustynails Re: can not ping - 10/11/11 08:17 PM
Flushing DNS has nothing to do with it since you are using an ip address.

It may just simply be "boot time" before the unit is available. It also may be configured for DHCP as default, and only after a timeout period default to the static address.
Posted By: Wisconsin5ESStech Re: can not ping - 10/13/11 07:16 AM
I am assuming that you are connecting to these boxes via a computer directly. The ARP cache in your computer may still have the mac address of the last box you were in. On your computer bring up a command prompt and enter arp -d This should clear the arp cache and then you will be able to ping and communicate with the CDR.

ymmv
Posted By: Derrick Re: can not ping - 10/13/11 01:12 PM
Just curious...which buffer box are you using?
Posted By: telemarv Re: can not ping - 10/25/11 05:32 AM
I know this is an old post but...

You can't access the new box until the mac address is deleted from from the mac address table of your pc. The ip address is associated with the old mac address. this takes 5 minutes.

You can force it with an arp flush
Posted By: jeffmcewan Re: can not ping - 12/01/11 07:45 PM
Either flush the ARP cache or connect to a switch and reboot the switch between modules.
Posted By: mj_wald Re: can not ping - 12/06/11 06:53 AM
So, I am finally back on this project, WOW, busy Fall.

OK, the arp -d works perfect, thanks all.

Derrick- I am using scannex boxes, they appear OK, they are strictly buffer boxes, no streaming data.
They came with the software.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help