atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: skip555 : Allied Telesis switchs - 10/29/14 12:16 AM
Ive never heard of them before

good , Ok ??

I need a 24 port unmanaged switch in a hurry and they are stocked localy
Posted By: hawk82 Re: : Allied Telesis switchs - 10/29/14 12:53 AM
They've been around a long time. I don't sell or use them, but I have a client who has AT 24 port ethernet switch that's probably close to 15 yrs old. Still faithfully going. In fact a Dell switch that I put in (for additional ports) probably 8 yrs ago just died last year (psu and/or bad caps most likely).
Posted By: Jim Bennett Re: : Allied Telesis switchs - 10/29/14 10:15 AM
As Hawk said, they have been around a LONG time. First encountered them in the early 1990's, they made the little boxes we used that plugged into the AUI jack on ancient ethernet cards, and generated the actual signal over coax, twisted pair, etc. Still have some of them, and actually still see them in the wild from time to time, still working decades later.

Of course, so many companies get merged/absorbed/etc., that there is no telling who is who or what is what anymore. But if they are the same people as they were then, they make good stuff.

Jim
==================================================
Speaking from a secure undisclosed location.
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: : Allied Telesis switchs - 10/29/14 11:43 AM
Wow. I remember seeing A-T switches around my middle school when I first got interested in computers.
Probably have an AUI transceiver in the basement laugh
Posted By: skip555 Re: : Allied Telesis switchs - 10/29/14 12:33 PM
Thanks for the responses , it does look like they have been around quite awhile . Ill go ahead and give them a try
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help