atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: surdel Good SMB router not cisco but not a dlink - 04/26/16 04:02 PM
I have installed a slew of routers in my time but hardly do I go into the interface and make any changes since that is done remotely. I have installed a microtik routerboard and did go into its interface and was really impressed by the list of features. what do you guys sell to your customers? Ever buy , configure and install a router board? How would you rate its support? Cost of its support?

Posted By: jsaad Re: Good SMB router not cisco but not a dlink - 04/27/16 01:54 AM
Everywhere I go, I see sonicwalls. Not my preference, just an observation.

If I had to choose, I would go with a pfsense appliance. I ordered two sg-2440. Worked very well. For me, these were complicated networks and pfsense was a perfect solution and the support was also top notch. You get alot of router functionality for what you pay.
I've started using the Draytek 2900 series again.
They seem to be able to do everything (and dhcp option config you want, dual or tri wan, pptp and ipsec vpn, etc)
Posted By: OBT Re: Good SMB router not cisco but not a dlink - 05/12/16 08:06 PM
I also use the Draytek,lots of features
Posted By: tjsr Re: Good SMB router not cisco but not a dlink - 08/04/16 03:33 PM
It's hard to beat all of Mikrotik features.
Posted By: hawk82 Re: Good SMB router not cisco but not a dlink - 08/09/16 01:57 AM
I've used Mikrotiks. Not easy to configure VLANs on them, especially between two switch groups. I like pfSense for home stuff. Haven't deployed any in a business. I'm using Cyberoam (now owned by Sophos) routers right now. Easy to work with web UI. Fairly reliable and affordable. Nice mark up since it is channel only.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help