atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: JSaturnia How to Program for DID? - 09/26/01 10:16 AM
I have a Comdial Executech E80PT with a Comdial Execumail voice mail. I have been told the KSU supports DID. I have read the manuals but it is not clear to me how to program the phone system to let outside callers directly ring extensions and have no answers tranfer to the voice mail system. Can someone shed some light on this for me?
Posted By: dtmf Re: How to Program for DID? - 09/26/01 01:39 PM
If you have a E80PT you have a Comdial 2000 and it doesn't support DID. However you can program the voice mail to transfer a caller to a station by programming the AUTOMATIC TRANSFER OF VOICE MAIL, VOICE MAIL LINE ID also needs to be programmed so the voice mail will determine how to answer the line.
Hope this helps
dtmf
Posted By: JSaturnia Re: How to Program for DID? - 09/26/01 05:08 PM
Can you tell me what the difference between DSID and DID is. It look slike DSID will do it, NO. If not, can you just give me the basics on how to set up the voice mail. Also, my ohone provider is asking if I need "immediate" or "wink".

I understand how to program the KSU very well but I have NO experience in getting it to work with DID.

Any help is HUGELY appreciated
Posted By: dtmf Re: How to Program for DID? - 09/27/01 03:28 PM
The DISD feature lets a caller call a intercom number, it is a internal feature that you can set up in Miscellaneous programming.You can make any line you have a DISD line. To have it go to voice mail, program the voice mail to be the assist station. Or have the station forward his calls to his voice mail when he can't answer it. If you don't the call will be dropped.

DID numbers come on a circuit that you order from a Co provider that gives you so many 7 digit numbers that you can assign to different stations.

Are you sure you have a E80PT ? Because the questions you are asking pertain to the Digital system.
Hope this helps
dtmf

[This message has been edited by dtmf (edited 09-27-2001).]
Posted By: JSaturnia Re: How to Program for DID? - 09/27/01 06:59 PM
Yes we are using the Executech E80PT. In the manual it talks about the DSID feature. I thought maybe this could be integrated with DID so that callers coming in can be routed automatically to the correct intercom station.

Our new phone provider can do DID so that is what is promting these questions.

SO how does DSID work. Is it just a feature where when people call in, they get hold music and they can type in an extension. It sounds like a poor man's auto-attendant.
Posted By: dtmf Re: How to Program for DID? - 09/28/01 01:23 PM
Yes its just a feature that you can program on any line you have on the system now.When the caller calls in it gives them intercom dial tone so they can dial the station them self and they hear music until call is answered . It tends to drop calls unless you set it up and test the rings until you have it set up just right. Auto Attn through the voice mail works much better when you get you clients to know the station they want.
dtmf
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help