atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: chazrc Keyvoice NT 16 Port - 03/20/04 08:54 AM
I have a customer stating that they are missing new messages by way of new messages being sent directly to saved messages.

This happens occasionally.

Connected to FXS with 16A s/w
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: Keyvoice NT 16 Port - 03/20/04 02:13 PM
Not an expert here---I'd wait for one of the moderators to give an opinion---but---I would consider doing a scandisk/defrag of the hard drive. I know that the machine does it automatically on a scheduled basis...but it's my experience that a manual defrag is necessary every so often. I am thinking of making a few of my heavily used systems do a defrag every few days instead of just once a week. A defrag helps anytime something "squirrely" is going on---like slow MW lights being lit, messages being lost, or saved, or won't be saved etc. etc. Good Luck.
Posted By: dtmf Re: Keyvoice NT 16 Port - 03/20/04 04:31 PM
JWRacedog is right on the money, do a scandisk and defrag then a reboot. That will more then likely take care of it.
Posted By: chazrc Re: Keyvoice NT 16 Port - 03/20/04 06:32 PM
Thanks. I will try it.
Posted By: chazrc Re: Keyvoice NT 16 Port - 03/20/04 06:45 PM
There seems to be no Scandisk or Defrag on this version of NT
Posted By: chazrc Re: Keyvoice NT 16 Port - 03/21/04 06:02 AM
I am downloading Diskkeeper 8.0 and trying that.
Posted By: dtmf Re: Keyvoice NT 16 Port - 03/21/04 06:13 AM
1. From the Windows desktop, click on the Start button, then select Programs / Diskeeper. From the
menu that displays, select the DISKEEPER option. If this is the first time you are running the utility,
several welcome screens may display. Provide any requested information. The Diskeeper main
screen then displays.
Note: Before running Diskeeper manually during hours when the VP system is actively
processing calls, lower the priority assigned to the defragmentation process. You set
the priority by selecting the PRIORITY option from the Options pull-down menu on the
main Diskeeper screen. Lowering the priority will extend the time it takes to defragment
the drive, but it will ensure that call processing by the VP system is not interrupted.
2. On the left side of the main Diskeeper screen, a directory tree identifies the hard drives installed in the
PC. Under each drive letter, an ANALYZE option and a DEGFRAGMENT option display. Highlight the
ANALYZE option under the drive letter of the drive on which the VP system is installed. Then click on
the Go button, which is a small, blue arrowhead icon at the very left of the icon bar shown below the
menu bar. Diskeeper analyzes the drive then identifies the number of fragmented files and whether
defragmentation would be efficient.
3. If defragmenting the drive is deemed efficient, select the DEFRAGMENT option under the drive letter
of the drive on which the VP system is installed. Then click on the Go button. The Diskeeper utility
defragments the drive.
Posted By: chazrc Re: Keyvoice NT 16 Port - 03/21/04 06:47 AM
Apparently the Diskeeper was not installed
when the vmail was sold. I am currently uploading the version 8.0 remotely with Pcanywhere. I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks,

Chaz
Posted By: chazrc Re: Keyvoice NT 16 Port - 03/21/04 07:02 AM
Its telling that I have an incompatible version of windows NT. I need 4.0 with service pack 6. Damn
Posted By: chazrc Re: Keyvoice NT 16 Port - 04/10/04 06:49 PM
Got Diskeeper 4.0. Works great. Thanks.
Posted By: BIGDOG3c Re: Keyvoice NT 16 Port - 04/29/04 01:21 PM
ok, the issue is in the voicemail system.

its not a problem but the way it is designed.

I am going to run you through how it happens and tell you how to fix it.

The issue is, you log into your voicemail and you have 3 new messages. you start listening o them and a 4th message is left and you have no idea there is another message left to you. so when you get to the end of the third message you hang up.

What happens to the 4th message?

This is your problem message, what happens is the voicemail starts to play the message after you listen to the third message and you hung up. So the system thinks it goes into the saved message bin.

The fix,

edit the vm.cfg file in the vm directory.

add this line to it KEEP MESSAGES NEW

That will force you to hit the option 2 to save messages. when listening to a message and you just hang up it will keep it as a new message.

Let me know if this works for you.

Good Luck!
Posted By: Mark K. Re: Keyvoice NT 16 Port - 04/29/04 07:16 PM
Comdial tech support walked me through that about a year ago. But not until after they had me set the system to defrag every night and some other file changes. Haven't heard the complaint since. I forgot all about it until I read bigdog's post. That was an 8 port on an older DSU system with Corp Office VM by Key Voice. The more frequent defrag solved some other issues, like late posting of messages.
mark
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help