atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: chazrc FXT and Line to Line transfer. - 04/01/04 04:03 PM
When I manually create a line to line transfer, I get "sorry your call did not go through" from the Telco.
The numbers I am dailing are valid and are not restricted in Toll/Ars.

My procedure is Ihave a live call, then press transfer, dial 9, then hang up.
I get a 20 second or more of dead silence, then 1 ring, then the above mentioned statement from the Telco.

Just for testing purposes, I tried to reproduce the Telco error message, and I did by dialing intercom 9 to go out on the T's, then I dialed 214-564-763 and left out the last digit on purpose, got the silence, and then the error message from Logix.
Could it be timing on the FX?
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: FXT and Line to Line transfer. - 04/01/04 05:58 PM
Line to line transfer requires that option from the C.O. Then use use the tap key to transfer. Most C.O.'s require 500ms timing, check with then to make sure then set the the flash time to 500ms.
Posted By: Bigkayeh Re: FXT and Line to Line transfer. - 04/01/04 06:34 PM
CMDL_GUY is right about external line to line transfer. If your question is about unsupervised line to line conference on the switch, the proceedure you described is not exactly how you would do that. Establish call 1, press trns/cnf, establish 2nd, press trns/cnf for you and the two lines to be conferenced then press '#' to drop out and leave the lines conferenced. This is limited by line to line timer (30 min, I think). Are you testing on an LCD phone and if so is there an message on screen when this occurs or does it look like a normal call.
Posted By: chazrc Re: FXT and Line to Line transfer. - 04/01/04 06:52 PM
I don't know I hung up. Okay for the original problem. On a Keyvoice NT 16 Port.
The customer wants to give callers the opportunity to reach mail box owners on their cell phones by way of pressing 3 during the greeting, and it dials the 10 digit number in the call transfer field. I have the field " if caller chooses other options, go to box " and it is set for the same box number in which the vmail dials that number( the 10 digit). This works at other sites fine.

So, this is how I discovered the error message from the Telco.

My other sites that use this have PRI's.
They work fine.
Posted By: Bigkayeh Re: FXT and Line to Line transfer. - 04/01/04 07:38 PM
Probably is VM timing. Try adding a couple of commas in front of the number to be dialed.
Posted By: chazrc Re: FXT and Line to Line transfer. - 04/02/04 03:49 AM
That didn't work. Example: ,,972-333-3875
Posted By: Bigkayeh Re: FXT and Line to Line transfer. - 04/02/04 07:29 AM
Acctually, as I was thinking about it last night, I thought that maybe it would be better to put the commas at the end of the digits in the sequence to complete a transfer external.
Posted By: Tip&Ring Re: FXT and Line to Line transfer. - 04/02/04 03:18 PM
For key voice to transfer while in greeting it is not "3" it is 4 and set the number in the call transfer field.

The absoulte best way to do this is have your CO lines as centrex lines.

Using centrex lines will allow the call to be sent back to the CO and have it transfer the call.

This will free up the line and you will not have the problem of tying up 2 CO lines and loss of volume.

If you use this with centrex, in the key voice transfer string use #04 as a hook flash to the CO.

DJ
Posted By: chazrc Re: FXT and Line to Line transfer. - 04/02/04 04:21 PM
Okay, I will try 4 and put a couple commas at the end.
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: FXT and Line to Line transfer. - 04/02/04 04:53 PM
Tipandring explained about tying up two lines for one call which is why I advised on the C.O. option. We do this for real estate agents all the time.
Posted By: chazrc Re: FXT and Line to Line transfer. - 04/02/04 06:14 PM
I am using theis with 2 T-1's. I cannot change the line type.
This works on other sites with PRI's and loop start lines. I have tried a few things tonight with no success. The system can do a line to line transfer but not the vmail.

I did it earlier manually, but the vmail can't do it for some reason.
Posted By: chazrc Re: FXT and Line to Line transfer. - 04/02/04 06:51 PM
Nailed it with XXX-XXX-XXXX,,,,H

Thanks for all your help.
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: FXT and Line to Line transfer. - 04/03/04 04:22 AM
Thanks for letting us know what worked! [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
Posted By: chazrc Re: FXT and Line to Line transfer. - 08/26/05 01:50 PM
I have one on this same system that failed every time when pressing 4 to go out to the cell. I finally pressed 3 and it worked.
What Gives????
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help